PDA

View Full Version : Festool Gloat

Richard Shaefer
12-02-2011, 3:24 PM
I responded to a craigslst ad for a Domino and after emailing the guy a few times, found out he also had a TS-75 track saw, a CT Mini, and an ETS 150/3 sander, along bags and bags of domino tenons, a big box of sandpaper, and a box of 5 dust bags for the CT Mini. .He gave me the whoe set for $1000. :D

I finally got to play with the tools last night. I gotta admit, I was always leery of what you get for the money with Festool.these things are just 'wow' for sliky-smooth operation and results on the wood. The tracksaw and sander and beyond anything I've ever used. Still a little leery about the Domino.

Tom Ewell
12-02-2011, 3:33 PM
You'll like 'em all.
Don't worry

trevor adair
12-02-2011, 4:29 PM
You will love the Domino as well, I started 6 months ago with the TS55 and havent looked back. Now have MFT/3, Rotex 125, Domino and saving for a Kapex.. Addictive buggers these Festool..

You should be happy knowing you can use your "new to you" tools for several years and probably still get over what you just paid.. Nice catch

Kevin Gagne
12-02-2011, 4:56 PM
That is a great price for all those tools. You will find that the Domino will make assembling projects much easier and more accurate. I haven't used my biscuit cutter since I bought the Domino. The Dominos fit so tightly that you can dry fit everything using the Dominos and it will stay together. They are very addicting though. 18 months ago I started with the TS55 and CT22. I used to think they were overpriced, that was until I started using them. They are the best tools that I have ever owned. Now I have a TS55, CT22, ETS150, RO150, RO90, Domino and CXS. :)

Jim Matthews
12-02-2011, 5:23 PM
That line of acronyms makes my eyes glaze over.

How many Unix programmers did they hire for a marketing department?
I suspect that the plastic tool cases are actually made from compressed cocaine.

Tools that require a vacuum cleaner? That suckx.

Craig Michael
12-02-2011, 9:25 PM
I responded to a craigslst ad for a Domino and after emailing the guy a few times, found out he also had a TS-75 track saw, a CT Mini, and an ETS 150/3 sander, along bags and bags of domino tenons, a big box of sandpaper, and a box of 5 dust bags for the CT Mini. .He gave me the whoe set for $1000. :D

I finally got to play with the tools last night. I gotta admit, I was always leery of what you get for the money with Festool.these things are just 'wow' for sliky-smooth operation and results on the wood. The tracksaw and sander and beyond anything I've ever used. Still a little leery about the Domino.

I don't know where you live, but that is a great price. Im my area of Massachusetts, I bet that would be close to $1500.

Victor Robinson
12-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I am fighting the early stages of addiction myself. Got the TS55 recently and after that felt the unshakeable urge to get a new sander. I'm not sure why. So I got an ETS 150...Congrats on your score. Though it's like being happy for the meth addict who finds more meth...