PDA

View Full Version : Plans for tablesaw clamp and fence for Vintage Craftsman TS ?

Gordon Davis
12-02-2011, 3:21 PM
I recently finished a rebuild on a vintage craftsman table saw model# 103.23833 and want to update the fence and clamp. Any ideas or info would help.

Doug Herzberg
12-03-2011, 1:25 PM
I put a Delta 36-T30 30" T2 Fence System on my old Delta Milwaukee cabinet saw. Got mine at ToolsPlus.com for under $150. I think it would also fit a Craftsman, but check your table measurements and look at the notes tab on the ToolsPlus website. Excellent fence for the money, very smooth, very accurate.

Troy Turner
12-03-2011, 6:45 PM
Gordon -

Nice work on the rebuild! I have a mid-80s Craftsman and put a Vega fence on it. No holes to drill on anything. That thing is one of the best tools/accessories I've added to my shop. Give the guy at Vega a call or email and ask him about installation on your saw. May match right on up. He usually sells them on Amazon, but will also sell you one over the phone or via email.

Not to mention they're made in the U.S.A!

Doug Colombo
12-03-2011, 8:42 PM
I had the same table saw that you rebuilt (great job !!) and also put the Vega fence on it. Worked great - well worth it !!! Had to use some spacers on the back rail, as the fence (and most if not all fence systems) is made for a 27" depth table (my saw was only 20" in depth).

Bill Huber
12-04-2011, 9:44 AM
Very nice looking work, that is a great little saw, does it have the 8" blade?
I have the manual that came with the 103.23834, don't know the difference in your and it but if you would like the little manual I can send it to you, it is only like 6 pages.

What I did with mine when I had it was put a Mule fence on it, it worked out very well and I liked the fence some much when I got my Jet saw I installed one on it.

Gordon Davis
12-06-2011, 7:42 PM
Thanks for info, it has the 8" blade. I downloaded a manual sometime back. Will post pics once I make my mind up as to which one I am going with. again thanks