PDA

View Full Version : after the floods

anthony wall
12-02-2011, 5:05 AM
the flooding has now cleared from our village and left the aftermath of sludge and dead things as well as destroyed roads and buildings and millions of dollars worth of ruined machinery,it's going to take years to get back to normal for most people ,as well as the destruction there has also been a significant loss of life mainly due to electrocution. there is still a large portion of the land in and around bangkok that is still flooded along with most properties in those areas . for the last week me and the wife joined the local volunteers in delivering food to the families still caught up in the floods ,believe me almost everyone was very thankful for the aid and also surprised to see a foreigner helping them, the one thing that i noticed were the piles of furniture destroyed in the floods and all of it being particle board construction i saw no solid timber furniture thrown out at all which would go some way to explain why i am getting so many orders for my furniture in fact way to many for me to cope with as i am retired .

Ted Calver
12-02-2011, 9:13 AM
Anthony, A sad time for many people and still not over. It's time to come out of retirement. Hire some help and make hay while the sun shines!

anthony wall
12-02-2011, 7:37 PM
have been thinking about that ted