PDA

View Full Version : Can It Get Any Cheaper?

Jim Koepke
12-01-2011, 5:04 PM
I didn't want to hi-jack the "Who Buys This Stuff????!!!!!" thread so start anew…

Furniture made of cardboard.

http://www.chairigami.com/

It is made for the urban nomad like students who move on a regular basis.

jtk

Dale Coons
12-01-2011, 5:35 PM
I'd laugh, but we got some new cuttin' edge kind of guy here at work and he got a cardboard boardroom table--for a couple grand. Then he left and they sold it at a company sale, for hundreds. No offense to the tree huggers out there, but just what were they thinking?

Jim Rimmer
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I guess it's not any worse than the crap they throw together on the HGTV design shows. It all looks good in the video and with fresh paint but show it to me in a few weeks after it has been used and it starts to sag or swell or whatever. I guess for the young and mobile this kind of stuff will suffice until they can afford good furniture. I'm from the "1x10 pine boards on concrete blocks stereo cabinet" generation.

Mac McQuinn
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm all for it as long as it keeps the stuff from going into landfills and usually isn't toxic.

Mac

Moses Yoder
12-02-2011, 1:05 PM
We are looking at doors with center panels made of "recycled agricultural fiber." In other words, corn and wheat stalks. They're not cheap. They'll be installed in pieces that are sell for thousands. Stay GREEN.