PDA

View Full Version : Not wanting to abuse my priviledge

Roger Chandler
12-01-2011, 4:56 PM
It occurred to me that I have been a fairly "active" poster of late...............maybe I am having too much fun on SMC :o what with all the back and forth and the variety of subjects........................I do not want to be "overly engaged," and if you are tiring of my participation a little, then I would be willing to cut back and go on a SMC posting diet.........:)

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2011, 5:08 PM
You been posting lately??

Bill Wyko
12-01-2011, 5:23 PM
You're only at 3488 posts. Steve has you beat by about 12500 give or take. |I think you have a little breathing room. Relax, enjoy yourself & post away. LMAO

Tony De Masi
12-01-2011, 5:28 PM
I for one quite enjoy your posting Roger. If you need to take a holiday from posting let it be because it's your idea.

Eric Gourieux
12-01-2011, 5:58 PM
Ditto what he said

Robert McGowen
12-01-2011, 6:17 PM
So you're posting to ask if you are posting too much........ hmmmmmm :D

Donny Lawson
12-01-2011, 6:22 PM
I enjoy your postings and everyone elses. The more the better. I learn more that way. I'm on here at least twice a day in one forum or another. Keep on posting, I'm reading as fast as I can.

Bill Bulloch
12-01-2011, 6:23 PM
Taking a sabbatical from posting?? That's unprecedented. Shame on you for 30 days for thinking of it.

Ken Hill
12-01-2011, 6:32 PM
The site generates revenue from you clicking a page, viewing a page, creating a thread etc etc and it adds up.....so I dont believe you are hurting anyone LOL!

David E Keller
12-01-2011, 8:13 PM
You been posting lately??

He's the guy that had a tree stolen by a group of beavers, remember?

Bill Bolen
12-01-2011, 8:30 PM
Post away Roger...I for one enjoy them and you have a long way to go to get even with Keeton, Steve or several others:):rolleyes::)

BILL DONAHUE
12-01-2011, 8:55 PM
Don't worry! I've been light on the posting lately and I appreciate you picking up the slack.

Doug Herzberg
12-01-2011, 9:00 PM
I enjoy your posts, Roger, and by the way, the Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree bowl came out great. Beautiful wood, lovely bowl. The tree's owner will be thrilled. There. Two posts in one - one more for you to use later.

John Keeton
12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Roger, I have been meaning to talk to you about going on a diet, but it had nothing to do with your posting!!!!:D:D Folks like you are what makes the creek a great place.

David DeCristoforo
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh man... I'm biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding.....

Tom Hardy
12-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Are kidding Roger, I look forward to your postings. The info you have gave on your Grizzly & accessories for it, have helped me allot with my grizzly. Keep up the great postings.

Bill Boehme
12-02-2011, 4:12 AM
Is this a "not so subtle" way of saying that the War Department thinks that you are spending too much time down on the Creek? If so, you should explain that it is part of your continuing education (it is, isn't it?) not to mention its therapeutic value.

Eugene Malone
12-02-2011, 4:22 AM
as far as I'm concerned you can rattle away as much as you like, every time you open your mouth I learn something. Eugene

Roger Chandler
12-02-2011, 6:46 AM
Thank you everyone! God gave us two ears and one mouth..............I think that was a hint.......we are supposed to listen at least twice as much as we speak :) and I just did not want to annoy with too many postings............

I have tried to liven up the forum from time to time with some light-hearted banter, and I hope that I have made SMC a little more fun by my postings..................

My mother & dad taught me to be one that "doesn't wear out his welcome" and be the kind of person that folks want to have back as a visitor, not one they dread to see coming..............just trying to make sure I was not overdoing the posts.

Okay DD............you can stop biting you tongue now! :D I'll remember that JK! :p

Dan Hintz
12-02-2011, 7:57 AM
Oh man... I'm biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding.....
Is THAT why your lathe is red...

Roger Chandler
12-02-2011, 8:09 AM
Is this a "not so subtle" way of saying that the War Department thinks that you are spending too much time down on the Creek? If so, you should explain that it is part of your continuing education (it is, isn't it?) not to mention its therapeutic value.

No Bill.......actually in my war dept..........I am actually Commander in Chief :D My sweet wife [who is smart, capable and can certainly hold her own if needed] is fully supportive of my wood habit.......she actually through gift money along with my sons have purchased my the majority of my woodworking tools over the years. Really, in our house there is no war dept. Sometimes we just agree to disagree and still love each other! I guess that is why it has worked 37 years!

Geez...........I guess my comment made folks try and read into my "too much fun at the creek" comment things that were not there at all!

Ken Hill
12-02-2011, 8:13 AM
There is no war dept. here either, I surrendered with out a shot LOL!

Faust M. Ruggiero
12-02-2011, 9:47 AM
You know I actually worry about people when I don't read posts from them in a while. I have enough to worry about, don't cut back now. SMC wouldn't be much of a forum if the participants didn't post. Post on!!
faust

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Roger I enjoy your posts. My sweet lady of 44 yrs supports my habit it to. I will say though I do wear the pants in this family. That's only because she lets me.:eek::D

Roger Chandler
12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Bernie...........I should have described my wife as the formidable Mrs. C............because she is a gifted, hardworking, got her head on straight, insightful, and REALLY smart lady, and I do mean LADY...............

All those smarts must be the reason she picked me to marry....................ya' think! :D:rolleyes:

Baxter Smith
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Roger, I can't say I have never thought a person in your profession was talking too much....... but this chair is comfortable and all it takes is a mouse click.;):D

Prashun Patel
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
If you're "active" I'm "addicted". If yr as passionate about all of this as am I, then I say power to ya!!! (and me...?)

Doug Morgan
12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you everyone! God gave us two ears and one mouth..............I think that was a hint.......we are supposed to listen at least twice as much as we speak :) and I just did not want to annoy with too many postings............

I have tried to liven up the forum from time to time with some light-hearted banter, and I hope that I have made SMC a little more fun by my postings..................

My mother & dad taught me to be one that "doesn't wear out his welcome" and be the kind of person that folks want to have back as a visitor, not one they dread to see coming..............just trying to make sure I was not overdoing the posts.

Okay DD............you can stop biting you tongue now! :D I'll remember that JK! :p

But he gave us 8 fingers and 2 thumbs so does that mean we should post a whole lot more?

Roger Chandler
12-02-2011, 11:21 AM
But he gave us 8 fingers and 2 thumbs so does that mean we should post a whole lot more?

I guess that is one way to look at it Doug! :D

Jeff Fagen
12-02-2011, 1:54 PM
It's kinda like tripping over the cat,we're used to you now.lol

Rick Markham
12-02-2011, 3:42 PM
I enjoy reading your posts! I'm officially requesting an updated profile pic, however. Preferably with a ponytail :D and for goodness sake at least get some decent carpet in your shop!

Roger Chandler
12-02-2011, 3:53 PM
I enjoy reading your posts! I'm officially requesting an updated profile pic, however. Preferably with a ponytail :D and for goodness sake at least get some decent carpet in your shop!

Rick..........I'm sorry, but I do not have enough up there to even think about having a pony tail! :o:(:(

Primvs Aebvtivs
12-02-2011, 5:05 PM
Keep posting! That's my vote, but...turn more too! LOL

Rick Markham
12-02-2011, 5:26 PM
Rick..........I'm sorry, but I do not have enough up there to even think about having a pony tail! :o:(:(

Get extensions :)