PDA

View Full Version : our best seller!

Kate Raap
03-07-2005, 4:21 PM
Not to long ago our company bought a laser engraver and I've been trying my luck at tons of different things to see what I can get people in this area to purchase. I have found that my best selling item is a wood clock that I created from some scroll saw patterns. I wanted to get my ideas out there and share with people, and well since it's my first big selling product I wanted to share it with others! I have about 15 different designs now, and when we aren't busy with something else I'm always making up a new clock idea!
Here's a pic of the most popular one.... we have a lot of hunters in the area. I find that around here the wildife/nature clocks are the best sellers.

I'm new to the website but would like to here some other good ideas people can give me for lasering. I'm willing to try anything!

Kate Raap
X-treme Graphics

"For long you live and high you fly, and smiles you give, and tears you
cry, and all you touch, and all you see is all your life will every be"
Pink Floyd

David Wilson
03-07-2005, 4:43 PM
Kate

Very nice looking clock. Also welcome aboard.

Jerry Allen
03-07-2005, 6:34 PM
Nice design, Kate.
How much do you sell those for?
What are the notches at the bottom for?

Rob Littleton
03-07-2005, 7:00 PM
Welcome aboard Kate......

You are in the rightplace to get ideas and share thoughts.

One great place to hang out and full of a lot of good people with great knowledgebase.

Nice clock and keep the pics a comin'

Kate Raap
03-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Jerry,
I sell them as clocks for $50 and as a "plate" design with other things added for $65. The notches at the bottom are actually for plate stands that my dad and I make right here to sell, we do those out of wood and acrylic. I had to put them on the stands to photograph and then they also have hangers on the backs. I have some other things I'd liek to get posted on here to get people's opinons. I'm always looking for new and creative things. Though around this area I can't really ever get my ideas to sell!

Kevin Huffman
03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Welcome Kate,
Come on in to the creek, the people are great and the information is even better.

If you want to get rid of some of those burn marks you can use a little bit of pledge, it works like a charm.

Kate Raap
03-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the tip... I've actually found that the ones that have burn marks are the ones people choose to take with them. I asked a customer once and he said that way it looks hand created to him instead of coming out of a high production factory and ever since I've just left them there! On the ones with too much I do remove some of it though, and on my oak wood I have to clean them. The oak seems to leave a very sticky residue.