PDA

View Full Version : Problems "solved" soon????

bruce edwards
11-30-2011, 11:30 AM
I posted about some banding issues awhile ago...I also had some uneven engravings lately. Tonight I started another job and the laser
wouldn't fire. Nothing. Called Epilog and the tech guy had me taking my machine apart (scary hehe) and running tests etc...laser tube is bad!
Just started using it in April this year. Oh well....so they are sending 1, today hopefully. I'll get in a few days I guess. I hope Philippines customs doesn't screw me TOO bad with their BS "fees"....:eek::mad::confused::(

paul mott
11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear of the bad news Bruce.
Please keep us informed of developments.

Paul.

John Noell
11-30-2011, 1:44 PM
I doubt Philippines Customs can be much worse than Fiji. We pay duty and VAT even on the shipping costs. And even after getting an "official Customs rate determination" on engraving acrylic from the Customs headquarters, the local office charged me a much higher rate. "If you need this stuff you will pay us what we tell you to pay."

bruce edwards
11-30-2011, 1:59 PM
I doubt Philippines Customs can be much worse than Fiji. We pay duty and VAT even on the shipping costs. And even after getting an "official Customs rate determination" on engraving acrylic from the Customs headquarters, the local office charged me a much higher rate. "If you need this stuff you will pay us what we tell you to pay."

It might be the same/worse there. They charge whatever they want here too. It's a 3rd world country and I have white skin so I'm "rich" in their minds. ( and I am farrr from being rich! ) Oh ya, they have official paperwork from customs office etc here too....an order of aluminum tags came Fedex before, the tags cost around $500 US dollars. I got "lucky" and only had to pay $150 in fees to get them. But they charge anywhere from 20% of value up to 200% depending on...who knows. Like you said, if I need it...no choice but to pay what they say. Or they keep it for themselves if I don't. Christmas is soon...looks like I'm buying the presents for the family of the customs guy on duty when the laser tube arrives. :(:mad: