PDA

View Full Version : M900 directly from Redsail in China

Jimmy Phillips
11-29-2011, 7:57 PM
Looking at getting a Redsail M900 directly from Redsail Tech Co.,Ltd in China. Been dealing with Sara. I do not have her last name...which scares me....:(

Any tips/gotchas to look out for?

I have a Customs Broker all lined up to assist, and I am about to send the first half of the payment by wire transfer...kind of scared.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Ross Moshinsky
11-29-2011, 8:14 PM
There are about 10 people on here who have dealt with Shenhui Laser on here. All positive experiences. They accept payment via Paypal which for me is a big positive. It allows you to buy with a credit card so if the deal goes wrong, you can always do a charge back. I would check with your CC company first, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Jimmy Phillips
11-29-2011, 10:11 PM
There are about 10 people on here who have dealt with Shenhui Laser on here. All positive experiences. They accept payment via Paypal which for me is a big positive. It allows you to buy with a credit card so if the deal goes wrong, you can always do a charge back. I would check with your CC company first, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have a website for them that I can look at? Is there a POC I should talk to?

Thanks Ross,

Jimmy

Rich Harman
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
If you are in the US you can talk to Pascal <shenhuilaser2010@yahoo.com.cn>

http://en.shenhuilaser.com/

Rodne Gold
11-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Rather try to get Blanca Yan to help you , if you can , she might not handle USA sales , blanca610616 on skype , or yanblanca@yahoo.com

Gerhard Fourie
11-30-2011, 3:43 AM
Jimmy

I bought a Redsail M900 roughly a year ago and to date I am very satisfied with all aspects of the machine. I also dealt with Sarah throughout the purchasing process and found her to be most helpful.

When the time came for an additional machine, I decided to contact Shenhui for a quotation as well on the grounds of the positive feedback they received on this forum from Rodne and others. Eventually decided to go with the Shenhui 1290 100W because of price considerations as well as flexibility regarding my requirements. Also dealt with Rodne's contact Blanca Yan and had an equally smooth ride through the whole process.

Took delivery of the Shenhui yesterday, so it will be some time before the machine will be in operation because I believe in a thorough installation process to avoid future hassles. On the face, there are aspects like build quality and finish of the cabinet and frame where the Redsail is definitely superior to the the Shenhui. In other areas such as the mountings for reflecting mirrors and guiderails for X and Y axis the Shenhui will score points.

Regards

Gerhard

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 9:22 AM
I started dealing with Pascal at Shenhui. He really seems to know his business.

It appears both companies still want money transfer vs. PayPal. But I am starting to not worry as much there are several posts about Redsail and Shenhui.

The Shenhui seems to be a better deal with the RECI 80W tube vs the 60W regular tube on the Redsail.

Pascal sent the attached invoice. Does everything look ok to you guys? I will be using the unit mostly for engraving. Will the RECI be good for that over the regular tube?

I asked for the following:

SG-H690
w/ RECI 80W tube, motorized up/down table, honeycomb, 5000 chiller, exhaust fan,
both rotarys (irregular and normal), spare RECI 80W tube, spare focal lens and
set of reflecting lens and shipping to Norfolk, VA. by sea.

And Pascal put this on invoice:

SH-G690 LASER MACHINE WITH 80W RECI TUBE WITH:
CHILLER CW5000
MOTORIZED UP AND DOWN WORKTABLE
Red dot pointer to be coincidental with the beam path
18mm lenses
worktable+aluminium knife worktable
X axias switch on top left
Make a removeable inspection hatch at the left side of the machine
stronger blower
red and black
220V, 60HZ
80W reci tube spare
Reflector lens spare
Focus lens spare
Sea cost

Does all the above seem to be in order? I dont understand the x-axis switch on top left or the inspection hatch.

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 9:50 AM
All,

I also have a Custom Broker lined up in Norfolk. Do I need them or can the shipper act in this capacity?

Thanks,

James

Khalid Nazim
11-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Please note that the machine power supply that he is quoting is 220V. Make sure that you this is correct for you.

I have recently bought/received/installed a Shenhui GH-690 with 80W RECI. I dealt with Pascal as well and wired the money to them (30% advance and rest on Bill of Lading). The X-axis switch on top left means that the home position of the machine will be on the top left corner. This is determined by the limit switch installation. I did not pay attention to this and I got the machine with the home position on the top right corner. However, this is a minor matter and the machine's board is programmed to handle wherever the home position is. Inspection hatch on the left would allow you to access x-axis from the left side and get to mirror#2.

The exhaust fan that came with the machine was 220V and the frame was bent so I could not use it. I am working on getting some refund on that. The Air Assist pump is a joke as well. Please check my post on the issue of position of the air assist connection, auto focus and red dot pointer on the laser head. I have to remove the auto focus probe, remove air assist and move red dot pointer to open the lens holder whenever I have to clean the lens. I have already informed Pascal and they are working on a fix. Ask them to show you pictures of their new arrangement and you can share with us to get our feedback.

I have also asked them to put electrical sockets on the machine frame to connect exhaust fan, air assist pump and chiller and have switches in the front to turn them on/off. They said that they would incorporate this in their design.

Finally, this machine is big and heavy. I had a ball of a time getting it delivered to my garage and then taking it down in my basement. I had to take the whole machine apart :) learned a few things though.

We have great help on this forum from people like Rodne, George, Rich and others who have Shenhui's. So my vote would be to get a machine from them instead of getting it from Redsail.

Regards

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Please note that the machine power supply that he is quoting is 220V. Make sure that you this is correct for you.

I have recently bought/received/installed a Shenhui GH-690 with 80W RECI. I dealt with Pascal as well and wired the money to them (30% advance and rest on Bill of Lading). The X-axis switch on top left means that the home position of the machine will be on the top left corner. This is determined by the limit switch installation. I did not pay attention to this and I got the machine with the home position on the top right corner. However, this is a minor matter and the machine's board is programmed to handle wherever the home position is. Inspection hatch on the left would allow you to access x-axis from the left side and get to mirror#2.

The exhaust fan that came with the machine was 220V and the frame was bent so I could not use it. I am working on getting some refund on that. The Air Assist pump is a joke as well. Please check my post on the issue of position of the air assist connection, auto focus and red dot pointer on the laser head. I have to remove the auto focus probe, remove air assist and move red dot pointer to open the lens holder whenever I have to clean the lens. I have already informed Pascal and they are working on a fix. Ask them to show you pictures of their new arrangement and you can share with us to get our feedback.

I have also asked them to put electrical sockets on the machine frame to connect exhaust fan, air assist pump and chiller and have switches in the front to turn them on/off. They said that they would incorporate this in their design.

Finally, this machine is big and heavy. I had a ball of a time getting it delivered to my garage and then taking it down in my basement. I had to take the whole machine apart :) learned a few things though.

We have great help on this forum from people like Rodne, George, Rich and others who have Shenhui's. So my vote would be to get a machine from them instead of getting it from Redsail.

Regards

Thank you so much for your reply and information. Pascal asked in his email if I wanted 220 or 110. I would prefer 110v unless there is some advantage to 220v?

Did you use a Customs Broker to help with paperwork and arrangements. I have one lined up.

Thanks again for the help,

Jimmy

George M. Perzel
11-30-2011, 1:25 PM
Hi Jimmy;
Regarding your invoice:
1. Go with 220VAC-they don't have a good understanding of the US voltage system and will send you 110VAC to 220VAC transformer-machine internals will still be 220VAC.
2. Not sure what they mean by "reflector lens.
3. Get 40mm. 50mm, and 100mm lenses-also a spare set if you can afford it-specify "Imported" lenses.
4. Get your own freight forwarder to handle the whole shipment including customs-Shenhui sea freight quote is a joke and no close to actual costs. Not sure where you are but PM me if you want name of a good freight forwarder who has handled Shenhui shipments before.
5. Get a spare tube-cheap now as it will be packed with machine-if needed in future air freight cost will be very expensive.
6. Don't get auto focus-its a kluge and interferes with cleaning and head mechanics.
7. Better to get a USA made air brush compressor-Chinese one is junk.
8. Insist on C5000 chiller-C3000 is junk as mentioned on this forum before by Rodne and others.
9. Get a USA exhaust blower-squirrel-cage dust collector is fine-normal Chinese one is junk and extra large blower they have is way too overkill and 220VAC.
10. Get honeycomb table-not knife table unless you application is large parts. Honeycomb is steel mesh so super magnets work well for thin material hold downs.
Call if any more questions
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts
585-924-4519

Ross Moshinsky
11-30-2011, 1:34 PM
Just to add to the comment about them preferring transfers to paypal. Here is a quote directly from Pascal.

Me: Is it possible to pay with a credit card? That is my preferred method of payment if possible.
Pascal: we can accept Paypal, my friend
Me: Do you charge extra to use a credit card with paypal?
Pascal: We don't charage extra fee with paypal

I was tempted to buy a Chinese CNC machine not too long ago and they wanted an extra 30% to accept a credit card. That killed that deal. For me, using a credit card is key. The credit card companies do an excellent job of protecting you. You can also get points, miles, or money back if you have that type of credit card. Right now, banks are also more and more willing to give out credit so there are several 12-21 month interest free credit cards available with rewards. I see no reason to do a wire transfer if they are willing to take a CC.

Rich Harman
11-30-2011, 2:43 PM
Our latest Shenhui should be delivered in the next couple days but I was told that this machine is indeed 110V without the ned for a converter - I complained about the last one. There is no advantage to 220V, the laser does not draw that much current.

It's good to see that he is including the X axis home on the left now.

I like the autofocus. I find it very convenient and it has not caused me any problems.

I use a nail bed that I made rather than the honeycomb or knife bed.

I had to replace my main board, the power of the laser was not controllable. Fortunately I had purchased a spare.

As far as PayPal, Shenhui does not charge extra but PayPal takes their fees out of it so they end up not getting full payment.

Spares to consider;

Main board
LCD
Laser power supply
Steppers
Stepper drivers
Bearings
Belt set
Laser Tube
Mirrors
Lenses

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 5:13 PM
You guys have all been great! I am trying to get Pascal to send me an updated invoice including the suggestions everyone has made. I hate the time difference! Takes so long to get a response.

Thanks everyone!

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 9:24 PM
You guys have all been great! I am trying to get Pascal to send me an updated invoice including the suggestions everyone has made. I hate the time difference! Takes so long to get a response.

Thanks everyone!

Jimmy

If anyone is curious here is my invoice items:

SH-G690 LASER MACHINE WITH 80W RECI TUBE WITH:
CHILLER CW5000
MOTORIZED UP AND DOWN WORKTABLE
Red dot pointer to be coincidental with the beam path
18mm lensesHoney worktable+aluminium knife worktable
X axias switch on top left
Make a removeable inspection hatch at the left side of the machine
stronger blower
blue and white color
110V
Cylinder rotary and irregular rotary
EXTRA 80W RECI Tube
EXTRA Reflector lens
EXTRA Focus lens
EXTRA Main board
EXTRA LCD
EXTRA set of belts

All of that for about $4300.00 including sea shipping. I just paid the deposit by Paypal (big plus in my book) so it looks like I am locked in! Now the waiting game starts.

Hopefully I picked the right stuff. If you guys think I missed something please let me know now.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 9:58 PM
If anyone is interested Pascal just sent me some pictures of upgrades coming on my SH-G690.
He stated:

"We have made three improvements: protect door(for front-back open machine), RECTANGULAR CONNECTORS, and ruler."

I am not sure what he means by the door and connectors. The ruler looks pretty cool!

I have attached the pictures.

Jimmy

Khalid Nazim
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Congrats. It would take 6 weeks for you to get your machine. So prepare for it in the meantime if you can.

Rich Harman
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
You may want to specify which extra lenses you want, F5, F7, F10.

Extra lens holders with air/autofocus fittings attached can be useful.

Depending on who will be using it you may want safety switches on the doors.

Rodne Gold
11-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I have open slots front and back of my machine , the doors are to block these. The connectors are so you can more easily attach the rotary instead of having to fiddle with the motherboard connectors. Not sure what the ruler system is for tho...?

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
I have open slots front and back of my machine , the doors are to block these. The connectors are so you can more easily attach the rotary instead of having to fiddle with the motherboard connectors. Not sure what the ruler system is for tho...?

I am thinking the ruler system may be table distance to the laser head? Only thing I can think of....

Jimmy Phillips
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
You may want to specify which extra lenses you want, F5, F7, F10.

Extra lens holders with air/autofocus fittings attached can be useful.

Depending on who will be using it you may want safety switches on the doors.

Rich,

I am very new to this so this may be a dumb question but what are the different lenses for?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Rich Harman
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
The "ruler" is to display the position of the table.

A short focal length (40) makes for a very small spot size but also a very small depth of field. Meaning that maintaining the proper focus distance is very important. The spot size rapidly becomes larger nearer or farther from focus.

A longer focal length makes a larger spot but is more forgiving of focus distance. The longer depth of field is good for cutting since the spot size is smaller for a greater distance through the material. The longer focal length also means that the laser head is further from the work which can lessen the chance of colliding with something.

There are other advantages to different focal lengths. Generally, shorter is better for engraving and longer is better for cutting.

Rodne Gold
12-01-2011, 1:01 AM
I would buy a spare stepper motor ($50) and stepper motor driver ($80) and if it's not included , a spare power supply for the Reci 80w (dy10 PS) $200 or so.
I would also order 3x 40mm lenses and 2 x 50mm EXTRA!!! (the machine comes fitted with a 40mm) and 2 spare red dot pointer diodes ($10 or so)
I paid ALL my money upfront BTW.. did not do the 30/70 thing , all worked out REAL well. Trustworthy Co to deal with , in my case that is.
I would bypass shenui's shipping altogether , I used Intershipping services (local guys we know well) who has an agent in China to do it ALL. They collected at shenui and delivered to my door , 2 machines cost me round $2000 For EVERYTHING , excluding Value added tax (14%). all I had to do was pay the shippers/forwarders/clearing agents their bill at 30 days after all was delivered etc.
The $110 shipping cost from Shenhui is NOT what you will pay , budget a $1000 to be really safe.
Tell em to check ALL your spares and stock stuff is included.. maybe ask for a checklist and pics. Tell em to pack NOTHING on the honeycomb table.

Rodne Gold
12-01-2011, 1:08 AM
Not quite sure what a Z position sensor is useful for , maybe for "stepped" engraving where you can implicitly set a few Z levels, there are 2 methods of focussing , raising or lowering the table , or adjusting the sliding tube on the head. The tube adjustment does move the lens towards or away from the final mirror , so it might just throw out alignment , so it *IS* better to move the table imho. Autofocus is really more of a risky proposition (the way they do it) than uber useful , easier to make your own focus gauge and use it manually.

AL Ursich
12-01-2011, 1:36 AM
More amd More GOOD Advice and More Happy Users..... This has my Attention.....

AL

john banks
12-01-2011, 7:23 AM
Our Shenhui should be on the boat in the next week or two.

I asked for red dot but not through the mirrors. I was thinking of keeping their supplied air assist attached to the inside of the lens or wherever it goes and have received a 500W ACO-500 which I'll rig up as an extra and see if I can point it into the kerf. It isn't too loud which was a big concern because there is one house near us, but when this compressor is operating it is quieter than the neighbour's boiler when you are outside. Whether it will be man enough, we'll have to see, someone on a UK forum is doing well with it. I'll also try the (upgraded) 550W exhaust fan supplied with the machine, hopefully it will be enough, but if the supplied exhaust pipe is plastic I'll upgrade to aluminium and ground it.

john banks
12-01-2011, 7:30 AM
I considered Redsail as there have been some great deals on Ebay. On Ebay in the UK, used machines (UK resold Chinese machines) go for more than the cost of a new one personally imported. Most people are still nervous about directly importing, and without this forum I don't think we would have attempted it. Have to hope it all goes OK and I don't get a machine getting dropped and twisted inside or something horrific. I'm expecting it not to work out the box but to require tweakage or further parts, but getting excited nonetheless.

Jimmy Phillips
12-01-2011, 5:24 PM
Pascal did not put a weight on my invoice. Anyone have an idea of the weight of the shipment....just a ballpark. I was thinking around 830lbs. Is that about right?

I am looking into having my freight forwarder/customs broker handle the whole shipment from the factory to my door. Has anyone done that?

Thanks,

James Phillips

Jimmy Phillips
12-01-2011, 5:30 PM
Pascal did not put a weight on my invoice. Anyone have an idea of the weight of the shipment....just a ballpark. I was thinking around 830lbs. Is that about right?

I am looking into having my freight forwarder/customs broker handle the whole shipment from the factory to my door. Has anyone done that?

Thanks,

James Phillips

Now I just read something that said the gross weight is about 190kg, which would be ~ 418lbs. That sounds closer. Waiting on confirmation from Pascal.

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
12-01-2011, 7:21 PM
The "ruler" is to display the position of the table.

A short focal length (40) makes for a very small spot size but also a very small depth of field. Meaning that maintaining the proper focus distance is very important. The spot size rapidly becomes larger nearer or farther from focus.

A longer focal length makes a larger spot but is more forgiving of focus distance. The longer depth of field is good for cutting since the spot size is smaller for a greater distance through the material. The longer focal length also means that the laser head is further from the work which can lessen the chance of colliding with something.

There are other advantages to different focal lengths. Generally, shorter is better for engraving and longer is better for cutting.

Rich,

Ahhhh.....just like an SLR camera....got it. I don't know why it wasn't clicking for me...duh!

Thanks,

Jimmy

Rodne Gold
12-01-2011, 9:34 PM
Should be round 700lbs with packaging and spares. All the lasers are actually tested and aligned at the factory , the tubes are however removed for transport , so you have to re align when you get the machine.

Khalid Nazim
12-01-2011, 9:50 PM
My GH-690 with all the stuff on the skid was 660lbs. I organized a shipper/customs clearing agent here in Canada who picked up my machine from Shenhui's warehouse and delivered to my home. Total cost for me was CAD 1350.

Jimmy Phillips
12-02-2011, 12:01 PM
My GH-690 with all the stuff on the skid was 660lbs. I organized a shipper/customs clearing agent here in Canada who picked up my machine from Shenhui's warehouse and delivered to my home. Total cost for me was CAD 1350.

Can you please check your shipping terms on your invoice and let me know what it says. From what you are saying it was FOB Shenhui's Warehouse. Which means you were responsible for all shipping from the warehouse to the port (which port do they use BTW) to your port.

My clearing agent/freight forwarder says it would be cheaper if I can get them to agree to FOB the port they are going to use, and then my freight forwarder will take over and import it.

Thanks,

James

Thanks.

john banks
12-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Mine shows FOB Quingdao.

Jimmy Phillips
12-20-2011, 3:06 PM
All,

Update:

Still waiting. Pascal informed me last week it would not be ready to ship until this week. I hate the waiting!

I want to play with my new toy!

Stay tuned.....

Jimmy

Bruce Dorworth
12-20-2011, 4:04 PM
Hang in there Jimmy. It is almost Christmas and you have to wait like all the other Girls, and Boys.

Do you have an email for Pascal, I sent him one asking about a rotary attachment and never heard back from him.

Bruce

Jimmy Phillips
12-21-2011, 3:03 PM
Hang in there Jimmy. It is almost Christmas and you have to wait like all the other Girls, and Boys.

Do you have an email for Pascal, I sent him one asking about a rotary attachment and never heard back from him.

Bruce

Darn! I guess I have to wait!

Pascal's email is shenhuilaser2010@yahoo.com.cn.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
12-21-2011, 3:07 PM
YEAH!

Looks like my Sh-G690 will arrive in Norfolk on Jan 28th or there abouts....lol

Next I need to pay the balance on my invoice, but I have some questions.

My forwarder is stating:

"The shipper should send you the original HBL or they can apply for a telex release from our agent at origin once the payment terms between you and the shipper have been met. Please make sure this is done prior to the cargo arriving so it does not hold up the shipment. Thanks!"

So in english I guess this means I need to contact Pascal and determine if they are going to do a "telex" release or something else? Do I pay when the unit gets here to Norfolk, or once my forwarder takes over in China, Quindao?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
12-21-2011, 3:08 PM
My forwarder just sent me this:

Here are the booking details:
vsl, NYK DAEDALUS 025E
B/L, OOCOQINL81661600
ETD, DEC 28
ETA NYC, JAN 24
ETA Norfolk, JAN 28
VOL, 1PKG/330KGS/3CBM

Looks good I guess.

Jimmy

Rich Harman
12-21-2011, 3:46 PM
Both times they shipped the documents to me via DHL. They arrived about a week before the boat. The physical original bill of lading is part of these and is the only piece of paper the broker required. The other things were emailed to the broker.

They will want you to pay in full before it leaves. I would make sure they know that you want to see pictures of it before completing payment.

Art Willingham
12-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Rodne,

Starting to seriously think about getting a Shenhui laser. Curious if the 1414 and 1512 are the same general setup as what you got or if they are designed differently. I would like to have the largest bed size I can get and did not know if you had looked at those when you chose yours. Specs on the website are a little confusing.

Sorry if I should have started a new thread for this post, kind of new at this.

Thanks for your help

Rodne Gold
12-29-2011, 1:36 AM
They are the same as mine , as they get very big , like 2400x1200 etc , they are more like overhead routers , with no enclosures and no table lowering/raising. they will build you any size , so if you want a 600 x 1600 they will do it.

Jimmy Phillips
02-02-2012, 9:42 AM
Update:

My customs broker/forwarder just called me yesterday and said the container that my laser is in has been flagged for X-ray by Customs in NY. She said the expense will be shared by everyone in the container. What fun! I hope this doesn't hit me with too much expense!

Stay tuned....

Jimmy

Dan Hintz
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Update:

My customs broker/forwarder just called me yesterday and said the container that my laser is in has been flagged for X-ray by Customs in NY. She said the expense will be shared by everyone in the container. What fun! I hope this doesn't hit me with too much expense!

Stay tuned....

Jimmy
I'm no expert, but I've never heard of such an expense being passed along to the final recipient based upon a container-by-container basis. I would do a little more research to determine if the brokerage company is not just trying to get a little extra cash out of your pockets.

Rich Harman
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
This happened on our second shipment. Fortunately the cost was not too much.

Two separate brokers informed me that the cost of X-Rays are borne by the consignee.

Bill Cunningham
02-02-2012, 8:05 PM
I,m bringing in a load of glassware, and my broker told me if the container gets flagged for inspection, the cost is $35.00 which is a pain, but really only peanuts compared to the overall cost..

Jimmy Phillips
02-14-2012, 2:47 PM
I,m bringing in a load of glassware, and my broker told me if the container gets flagged for inspection, the cost is $35.00 which is a pain, but really only peanuts compared to the overall cost..

I just got the word from my broker that my share of the customs inspection is $166.15!!!

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
02-24-2012, 7:14 PM
I was able to make time to go pick up my new toy finally!

The Shenhui SH-G690 looks awesome!

Here are some pics of the unpack:

I can't wait to check all the mirrors and everything out and fire it up for the first time!

I do need help with one issue. How should I get it off the crate? I can use my Kubota tractor with the forks (that is how I got it off my trailer) but I am hesitant to do that against the machine frame, i.e. I dont want to screw it up. I could use the Kubota with straps on the bucket attached to the frame.

Any ideas?

This thing weighs a crap load! lol. Obviously built extremely well. I will try to give a full review later.

The packing that Shenhui did was supreme in my opinion.

Thanks everyone,

Jimmy

Rich Harman
02-24-2012, 8:41 PM
I just rolled it off the crate. It's heavy, but not so heavy that you can't lower it gently to the ground. I even did that with my larger machine - without any assistance.

Jimmy Phillips
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I just rolled it off the crate. It's heavy, but not so heavy that you can't lower it gently to the ground. I even did that with my larger machine - without any assistance.

Rich,

Thanks! That was what I was wondering. I figured me and my son would give it a shot, but I wanted to check here first.

Thanks again for advice.

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
02-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Rich,

Also, any things I should be paying close attention to as I assemble it? I notice you have a 690 also.

Any tips/tricks/gotcha's etc?

Thanks again,

Jimmy

Rich Harman
02-24-2012, 11:32 PM
The most notable gotcha I can think of is the hole in the sheet metal that the beam passes through after the first mirror. It was so badly off center that I had doubts that the beam was completely clearing it. I enlarged it on both machines but the 690 was by far the worst.

Make sure the table is level, then use a square and make sure that the head is perpendicular to the table. Verify that the lens is installed flat side down.

It would also be good to update your location in your profile and put your machine in your signature line.

Jimmy Phillips
02-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Rich,

Thanks for the advice and help,

Jimmy

john banks
02-25-2012, 3:52 AM
My wife and I rolled ours off but it was tricky. We used a trolley jack to lift various parts and tilted the machine and used various bits of wood to prop it, it took a few hours. At one point a wheel slipped off the crate and that corner of the machine fell a few inches and landed on a cross member near the corner, but no damage done. It was fun getting the chiller out from underneath too. A neighbour used his fork lift to get the crates into the building which was very kind of him.

Jimmy Phillips
02-25-2012, 8:01 AM
My wife and I rolled ours off but it was tricky. We used a trolley jack to lift various parts and tilted the machine and used various bits of wood to prop it, it took a few hours. At one point a wheel slipped off the crate and that corner of the machine fell a few inches and landed on a cross member near the corner, but no damage done. It was fun getting the chiller out from underneath too. A neighbour used his fork lift to get the crates into the building which was very kind of him.

Thanks John. We are going to give it a try this morning.

Jimmy

Nick Foley
04-08-2012, 11:55 PM
I was able to make time to go pick up my new toy finally!

This thing weighs a crap load! lol. Obviously built extremely well. I will try to give a full review later.

Jimmy

Jimmy -

I'm thinking about getting a similar GH690 laser... right now, the only thing holding me back is the size! It looks huge in your photos, would you say that it is the "1480×1000×1170 mm" they state on their site, or has it grown larger? I've read it's the largest you can get and still fit through a standard door. Does this seem possible?

Rodne Gold
04-09-2012, 12:22 AM
You can buy a lot bigger if you wish , the machine can be split into 2 pieces so it can go thru just about any door

Nick Foley
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
You can buy a lot bigger if you wish , the machine can be split into 2 pieces so it can go thru just about any door

Good to know! I'm going to be squeezing this in to an apartment, however... I now think the SH-G570 is the only thing I can realistically fit.

Jimmy Phillips
04-10-2012, 11:47 PM

Listen to Rodne, he has the most experience with the Shenhui lasers.

Jimmy