PDA

View Full Version : JET gets an "A"

Bill Wyko
11-29-2011, 5:12 PM
I had mentioned about a week ago that I had burned up the motor in my lathe. Jet asked me to peel the sticker off the motor and send it to them with a copy of the recipt and they would exchange it. Here we are a short time later and I recieved the new motor today. They took care of business right away. They get an "A+"

Marty Eargle
11-29-2011, 5:18 PM
Customer Service like that is one of the reasons why good businesses succeed.

Glad to hear they did well by you.

Steve Schlumpf
11-29-2011, 5:19 PM
That's good news Bill! Thanks for sharing!!

Bill Wyko
11-29-2011, 5:19 PM
I was concerned that they wouldn't warranty it. The lathe is almost 5 years old. No problem though.

Roland Martin
11-29-2011, 9:07 PM
Thanks for the update Bill. Very conforting to know they have strong customer support.

Dave Lehnert
11-29-2011, 9:44 PM
The one time I had to deal with JET I was happy. I have a JET cabinet saw. It was making a noise and I was 100% sure the arbor bearing was bad. I called to order a new bearing and get some advice on an easy way to replace. The guy at JET told me no way the bearing is bad in a 10 year old saw (Home use) Asked me to hold the phone up to the saw and run it. Turns out my set screw on the pulley was loose. FIXED! I was an extremely happy man.

I said before I was 100% sure it was the bearing because of many on the net with the exact same problem (or sound) and how they fixed it. But if you think about it, They fixed it because they had to remove ,then replace, the pulley set screw to replace the arbor bearing.

Bernie Weishapl
11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
+1 Jet Glad they took care of you Bill. I was having trouble with my Jet 1220 VS. I called Jet and Gary diagnosed it over the phone. He sent me a new black box. Works great.