PDA

View Full Version : My weekend Art and Craft Show setup

Hayes Rutherford
11-28-2011, 10:51 PM
This photo was taken in the afternoon on day one of the 26th annual "Tis the Season" art and craft show at Hill's Resort on Priest Lake. Resort areas often have great clientele and this one is no exception. For display, they provide the dining room tables and I brought the birch shelves which are just stacked on some half rounds. The salad bowls are stacked on some of my storage tubs (covered with towels I use for padding) Probably not a very professional display but it works and I got everything there in my '91 Honda Civic. Another vender purchased my shelves so packing up at the end was super easy. I hope Keller doesn't scrutinize this and accuse me of selling "party hats". The jewelry lady on the other side of the styrofoam dummy was responsible for those.

Curt Fuller
11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Lot's of pretty woodturnings, Hayes. It looks like a pretty ingenious way of displaying it all too. I'm betting Keller would have bough a couple of the party hats if he had the chance.;)

Robert Newton
11-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Hope you did good at the sale.

Bernie Weishapl
11-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Hope your sales went well for you and you sold a lot.

Dan Forman
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Display looks good, appropriate for the rustic setting. Like the half round shelf supports. Better get to turning a bunch more stuff to make up for what you sold. :D

Dan

Hayes Rutherford
11-29-2011, 12:48 AM
I was happy with the sales, and received a few misc. requests. The lady that started the event 26 years ago owns "The Entree Gallery" at Nordman, Idaho. She stopped to chat and requested I come see her about supplying the gallery with a selection of pieces. I hope this works out and look forward to it.

Curt, I laughed out loud when I read your post, that was a good one!

John Keeton
11-29-2011, 6:17 AM
Very nice selection, Hayes, and sounds like a great opportunity for future sales, too!

Michelle Rich
11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
looks good to me..rustic & attractive. Dorothy said you came home with less than you went with, so that sounds promising! Hope yu had a good time too.

Steve Schlumpf
11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice looking setup Hayes!! Congrats on your sales and especially the gallery invite!! Hope that works out for you!!

Baxter Smith
11-29-2011, 6:47 PM
Nice turnings and nice setup Hayes, The shelves are both attractive and appropriate.

David E Keller
11-29-2011, 7:09 PM
Great looking setup, Hayes!As for you and Curt wondering about my desire to play dress up... That was just the one time in college, and I needed the money!;)

Bill Wyko
11-29-2011, 7:30 PM
Something tells me that pic was at the beginnngof the event. Hope the shelves were empty by the end. Nice work.

Roland Martin
11-29-2011, 8:26 PM
Nice turnings and a nice setup. Glad for you that they sold well and congrats on the gallery invite!