PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Interesting Video

Belinda Barfield
11-28-2011, 3:30 PM
I certainly can't vouch for the statistics cited, but hopefully some of you more technical folks can and will enlighten me further. Pretty amazing information about how fast we are progressing. What in the world will today's babies be capable of when they are adults? Fair boggles my mind (what little of it I can comprehend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmz5qYbKsvM

Rich Engelhardt
11-29-2011, 8:47 AM
Interesting!
IIRC, that's been around for a few years.

I do question the part about the top ten jobs of today though. They say the top ten didn't even exist in 2004 - but - they fail to list what they are.
I've looked high and low to see what they're talking about & have come up dry.

Belinda Barfield
11-29-2011, 9:03 AM
I think this has been floating around since 2008 or so. Ranking up pretty high is a job titled Social Media Manager. Apparently the pay is pretty good if you are good at the job. Basically you manage all of the social media for large corporations/businesses to ensure that things are kept positive and your customer base is notified of every little if, and, or but. Like you, Rich, I've tried to check some of this out without much luck and was hoping someone would chime in with documentation of the statistics.

Maybe some of the jobs, particularly in the medical field, didn't exist in 2004 due to advances in technology. This probably applies to all things "computer" as well.

Gary Hodgin
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Things are sure changing. Some for the better and some for the worse. I hope the better things outweigh the worse things. They probably are for now.

glenn bradley
11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Even though dated, still relevant. While some countries leaders are grooming their children to flower in the future, others are busy picking the low hanging fruit of past generation's efforts. For the first 24 years of my career in I.T. I stayed about 3 years at each job. This was just a natural cycle of business when it came to my area. The sudden appearance of the "world wide web" brought some things to a point of commercial value and beyond into the status of necessity. Folks realized that, like rock and roll, computers and networking are not a passing fad. The form will continue to evolve but the function remains the same.

Bill Edwards(2)
11-29-2011, 1:54 PM
Interesting!
IIRC, that's been around for a few years.

I do question the part about the top ten jobs of today though. They say the top ten didn't even exist in 2004 - but - they fail to list what they are.
I've looked high and low to see what they're talking about & have come up dry.

Mostly information tech. Whole companies have popped up to help you deal with Google.
(as an example)

Gary Hodgin
11-29-2011, 4:03 PM
I don't know about this outfit but they list the top ten jobs for 2011. Ten worst jobs are listed on the next page of the article.

http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/10-best-jobs-2011