PDA

View Full Version : Finally some air!

Bruce Page
03-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I ordered this IR 2hp/30 gallon compressor on Jan. 9<SUP>th</SUP> and it finally arrived last Thursday. If I had wanted the IR 3hp/60gallon, I could have had it in 10 days and saved a few bucks to boot – oh well, I wanted portability!
The compressor has very little vibration and is amazingly quiet and well made. I always have to put my stamp on things so I made the dual manifold and mounted it just below the pump, closer to my bench. I made a smaller manifold and mounted it off of the pressure regulator on the left, to feed my shop lines. I also added the IR automatic drain valve and it works like a charm, all I need to do is empty the 5gal can every once in a while.
Life gets back to normal. ;)

Thanks for looking. :)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-07-2005, 8:15 AM
Bruce,

Looks like you are all set up there! I have another savings event coming up at work. I am seriously considering an Air Compressor for my next addition to the shop.

Jeff

larry merlau
03-07-2005, 8:30 AM
hey bruce/ where and how does the water drain work? looks like something i need, also wasnt it you? that was running copper for the air lines? if so what size did you run? am wanting to get more hook ups at differnt places in my shop/ the flex hose helpd but i got more areas that could use air closer/ thanks for the advice

Bruce Page
03-07-2005, 9:44 AM
Good Morning Larry, you can set the IR ADV to cycle every 0-45 min and set the solenoid open time from .05 to 15 sec (I think). I bought it off of eBay, brand new for $63 delivered; they sell for $195 retail. I think the guy on eBay still sells them off & on. If you do a search for “ADV” it should come up. I ran ½” copper “L” lines last year when I replaced my old PVC lines. The copper was easy to work with and was only ~$30-$35 to install – a good investment.

Jeff, I don't see how anyone could live without a compressor. My old Dayton died during the holidays and it was a pain in the butt being without one for six weeks!:mad:

hey bruce/ where and how does the water drain work? looks like something i need, also wasnt it you? that was running copper for the air lines? if so what size did you run? am wanting to get more hook ups at differnt places in my shop/ the flex hose helpd but i got more areas that could use air closer/ thanks for the advice

Rob Russell
03-08-2005, 8:30 AM
That's a neat idea of using the 5 gallon plastic can as a moisture trap. May borrow that idea for my shop!

Kelly C. Hanna
03-08-2005, 8:39 AM
WOW!!!...great deal Bruce!!

Tyler Howell
03-08-2005, 1:09 PM
Nice Set up there Bruce. I like the drain feature too.

I agree about compressed air too! I paniced when I went down to only one AC.;)

TJH

Bruce Page
03-08-2005, 9:28 PM
That's a neat idea of using the 5 gallon plastic can as a moisture trap. May borrow that idea for my shop!Rob, I started out using a 1gal milk jug and quickly figured out that that wasn’t going to work! I used two 1/4" NPT barbed fittings, one male & one female, screwed into each other and poked one side into the vent cap on the can and put the tygon tube on the other end. It appears to hold the tygon securely.

Boyd Gathwright
03-08-2005, 9:34 PM
Hello Bruce,

.... That a nice looking mobile package. Very neat, convenient, portable and practical and a name brand as well. You should have many trouble-free years ahead with that unit. And with the addition of the auto drain what more could you ask for. The pics that you have taken are very good, the lighting is excellent. What model camera have you used ;)?

Boyd

I ordered this IR 2hp/30 gallon compressor on Jan. 9<SUP>th</SUP> and it finally arrived last Thursday. If I had wanted the IR 3hp/60gallon, I could have had it in 10 days and saved a few bucks to boot – oh well, I wanted portability!
The compressor has very little vibration and is amazingly quiet and well made. I always have to put my stamp on things so I made the dual manifold and mounted it just below the pump, closer to my bench. I made a smaller manifold and mounted it off of the pressure regulator on the left, to feed my shop lines. I also added the IR automatic drain valve and it works like a charm, all I need to do is empty the 5gal can every once in a while.
Life gets back to normal. ;)

Thanks for looking. :)

Bruce Page
03-08-2005, 9:43 PM
Hello Bruce,

.... That a nice looking mobile package. Very neat, convenient, portable and practical and a name brand as well. You should have many trouble-free years ahead with that unit. And with the addition of the auto drain what more could you ask for. The pics that you have taken are very good, the lighting is excellent. What model camera have you used ;)?

Boyd
Thanks Boyd, my old dayton lasted a little over 21 years, if the IR lasts that long I will concider it money well spent (the IR cost almost twice what the Dayton did).
I have an Olympus C-4000 four megapixel point & shoot. The C-4000 was rated pretty high when I bought it a few years ago and I've been happy with it.