PDA

View Full Version : Empty Bowls Project

Brian Libby
11-27-2011, 5:07 PM
Woodturners in Maine held a "turn-A-Thon" yesterday and today to raise money for the Good Shepherd Food Bank-which supplies various food pantries throughout the State.
The Rockler store had 4 lathes set-up for our use. All bowls turned are donated to the sale table.
Last March (our first Turn-a-thon) Good Shepherd received a Check for $ 1500.00 and this time it looks like at least the same amount again will be raised!!

It has been awhile since I have posted due to Lfe's trials and tribulations. I hope to be more active again.

Robert McGowen
11-27-2011, 5:12 PM
Looks like some nice turnings for a worthy cause. Good job!

Sid Matheny
11-27-2011, 6:41 PM
Nice work for a great cause! My hat is off to you.

Sid

Bernie Weishapl
11-27-2011, 6:43 PM
Really nice looking bowls and for a good cause.

Steve Schlumpf
11-27-2011, 7:38 PM
Looks like a great way to get a bunch of friends together, do some turning and raise money for a worthwhile cause all at the same time! Good on ya! Hope your trials are behind you and you can start posting regular like!!

Baxter Smith
11-28-2011, 8:57 PM
Looks like a good time for a good cause Brian. Hope the road will be smoother for you in the coming year.

Roland Martin
12-03-2011, 8:53 AM
Brian, I hadn't had the time to be on the forum as much as I want lately either. I'm glad you posted our club's efforts, I too think it's a worthy cause and hope we continue to do this. I couldn't make it to the weekend turn-a-thon, but brought some bowls to the store at the beginning of the week. In these tough times I think it's especially important to do what we can for the less fortunate. Thanks Brian!

Michelle Rich
12-03-2011, 8:59 AM
good job! great charity