PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw close to Buffalo Texas

Shawn Stennett
11-27-2011, 4:39 PM
I need a small amount of resaw work done near Buffalo, Texas. It is some curly oak 5" wide for a jewelery box. Anybody close?

John Aperahama
11-27-2011, 5:22 PM
more than welcome to come and play here in dallas

Bill Huber
11-27-2011, 5:54 PM
I am on the north side of Fort Worth...

Jim Matthews
11-27-2011, 7:37 PM
I knew Texas is big- but bordering Lake Erie?
This, I did not know.

Have you considered resawing, by hand (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?176439-Learning-to-resaw)?
It's tedious, but can be done for little money.

I've done it (see my avatar) and have a tremendous appreciation for the bandsaw as a result.

ray hampton
11-27-2011, 7:53 PM
I knew Texas is big- but bordering Lake Erie?
This, I did not know.

Have you considered resawing, by hand (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?176439-Learning-to-resaw)?
It's tedious, but can be done for little money.

I've done it (see my avatar) and have a tremendous appreciation for the bandsaw as a result.

Lake Erie were moved to Texas becuse they need fresh water

Ron Kellison
11-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Lake Erie were moved to Texas becuse they need fresh water

In this era of budget restrictions and belt tightening moving Lake Erie was deemed to be cheaper that an invasion. Be advised, Canadians are incensed and plan to write their MPs and local newspapers to express their state of high dudgeon! We could even consider, after due deliberation, to write a letter of protest to the State Department and the EPA because we're not convinced Texas will honour the treaty provisions protecting the water. On the other hand, this means that Texas now get the Asian Carp invasion and the residents around Lake Ontario can relax!

John Aperahama
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
As we speak the Asian Carp are being sent to the Rio Grande to protect the border.

Andrew Kertesz
11-28-2011, 6:53 AM
They're going to jump up and smack the illegals in the head until they turn around....

David Hostetler
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
If you wanna wander down to Galveston County, maybe come visit the Kemah Boardwalk or NASA or something, I'd do some resaw for ya...

Shawn Stennett
11-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys, I will try to see where I can make it to in my busy schedule. Funny thing about the whole Erie thing, I am from Texas but before I lived in Buffalo, Texas I lived in Batavia, Ny awful close to Buffalo, NY.