PDA

View Full Version : Allergic reaction

Harry Robinette
11-26-2011, 9:52 PM
I think this could be what Bill got hold of. It's Rengas Tiger from South America. If someone can rotate this and in large it I would appreciate it.

Bill Bulloch
11-26-2011, 10:02 PM
I looked it up after I read your post and I think it is too. It looked the same as the picture of Rengas Tiger on the site I was looking at --- Bad Stuff.

Here is the warning rotated.

Tom Wilson66
11-26-2011, 11:02 PM
There was an article in one of the magazines a couple of years ago about a guy who made pen blanks out of poison ivy vines. He said they don't cause an allergic reaction after the vine is completely dry. Haven't worked up the nerve to try tnat one, though I have used wild grape vines to make a couple of mini bird houses.

John Keeton
11-27-2011, 6:45 AM
There was an article in one of the magazines a couple of years ago about a guy who made pen blanks out of poison ivy vines. He said they don't cause an allergic reaction after the vine is completely dry. Haven't worked up the nerve to try tnat one, though I have used wild grape vines to make a couple of mini bird houses.Tom, you would be wise not to try that!! It is the urusiol oil in poison ivy that is the culprit, and it can remain active for up to five years after the vine dies. My wife and her dermatologist can attest to that. I have to be very careful with firewood that is doesn't have any dead vines on it so that she is not exposed.

Nathan Hawkes
11-27-2011, 8:41 AM
I think this could be what Bill got hold of. It's Rengas Tiger from South America. \

Harry, I found several sites that state that Rengas tiger is from Indonesia, and hence could not be the wood that Bill says he got from pallet scraps from a South American wood shipment. Unless that is, the exporter has so much on hand that he uses it for pallet lumber. ;) I found one site selling a 12x12x5" piece of rengas tiger for $192!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek: