PDA

View Full Version : Super cool pen!!

Jim Burr
11-25-2011, 9:04 PM
So this is the start of a pen that I had to do so that I can do one that has never been done. Any way...this is what we call a double closed end. You'll notice there is no top or bottom parts...just a middle. This is the first I've tried of these and they are kinda cool!!! Blank from CSUSA on a Jr Gent II. I'm still kinda giddy over this one...a bit on the rare side, but many more to come!! C&C is always used:D

David E Keller
11-25-2011, 9:05 PM
Very nice, Jim! I like the look of closed end pens, but I prefer a clip for practical reasons. This one is really pretty!

Jim Burr
11-25-2011, 9:22 PM
Me too Doc, just the way it worked this time. These are so finikie and touchy that I did the panache style and was happy that it worked...clip needed for us pocket types. Still falling over my feet that I pulled it off the first time! Some kind of clip in the future!

James Combs
11-25-2011, 9:30 PM
Me too Doc, just the way it worked this time. These are so finikie and touchy that I did the panache style and was happy that it worked...clip needed for us pocket types. Still falling over my feet that I pulled it off the first time! Some kind of clip in the future!

Jim have you seen the "hidden" clip tutorials over on the IAP. Something you might want to look at for the next one. Of course the clip is not truly hidden, only it's mounting is.

Edit: Great looking pen BTW:o.

Baxter Smith
11-25-2011, 9:31 PM
Stunning blank made into a stunning pen Jim! It looks sharp!

Jim Burr
11-25-2011, 9:44 PM
Jim have you seen the "hidden" clip tutorials over on the IAP. Something you might want to look at for the next one. Of course the clip is not truly hidden, only it's mounting is.

Edit: Great looking pen BTW:o.

I have sir...this is just the start...there is another plan on the horizon. Hidden clips are a next step.

Donny Lawson
11-25-2011, 10:49 PM
That's one great looking pen. I bet that color would look good on a Wall Street II also.

Bernie Weishapl
11-25-2011, 11:02 PM
That is a beauty Jim. Wow that is nice.

Joe Watson
11-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Kind of looks like a lava lamp.
I like the shape of the pen.

_

John Keeton
11-26-2011, 7:42 AM
Jim, having never done a pen, I am doubly impressed!! Beautiful pen, and I am still wondering how it is done?!? So used to seeing the mandrel thing used by you pen makers.

Keith E Byrd
11-26-2011, 9:43 AM
Jim - fantastic - the pen is awesome. I really like the shape!