PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle...

Fred Perreault
11-25-2011, 4:24 PM
I last posted in June, as I had indicated that we were busy with my wife's parents' elderly issues. I monitored the Creek all summer, but just didn't have the time, product or inclination to participate. But I was able to enjoy and learn more as the season went on. I had earlier posted entrance fees for 2 craft shows for the the past weekends, and was able to create enough inventory recently to make a reasonable showing. I consumated enough sales to pay for my Powermatic 3520b and tools from last Spring, and rec'd several orders for Christmas. I followed Mr. keeton's episode, and am glad that it ended well for all concerned. It has been a busy 6 months for many of us, and I don't think that it will change much for us old timers. The pic (sorry about the brevity and poor quality) is from the first craft show at the local hospital benefit.

For you young'uns..... love the one you're with. (Crosby, Stills & Nash)

John Keeton
11-25-2011, 5:18 PM
Fred, I hope you and your wife have fared well during the family issues - they are never easy. Looks like you have put together a significant showing for the show! Some very nice looking work. You have always done such a nice job with your bowls - we missed seeing them.

Steve Schlumpf
11-25-2011, 5:43 PM
Fred - congrats on all your sales!! To be able to pay for your lathe and tools is saying quite a bit!

I hope that your family issues have subsided enough to allow you time to start turning and posting again. Best of luck with that... dealing with elderly family is never easy.

Allan Ferguson
11-25-2011, 6:24 PM
That is a table full of very interesting turnings. Good Luck to you.

Jim Burr
11-25-2011, 7:21 PM
So it took you what...30...45 minutes to sell all that off? Well done sir!!

Bernie Weishapl
11-25-2011, 8:22 PM
Congrats on the sales Fred. Anytime you can sell enough to pay for a lathe and tools is good. Went thru the same thing Fred and dealing with elderly parents is not a easy task for sure. Hopefully it went well for you and your wife.

Baxter Smith
11-25-2011, 9:28 PM
Lots of nice bowls there Fred! Pretty impressive to sell enough to pay for your lathe already! Things will eventually get easier.

Dan Forman
11-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Fred --- Pretty impressive display, and congrat's on the sales. Hope things slow down for you enough to be able to replenish your stock soon. Wishing the best for your family.

Dan

Kathy Marshall
11-26-2011, 12:47 AM
That's a nice display of bowls Fred! Congrats on the sales and I hope the family issues are improving.