PDA

View Full Version : Vytek FX owner?

Micheal Hall
11-25-2011, 3:01 PM
Anyone here own a 2005 or so Vytek FX 5136 or even the 5151? I am looking into purchasing a system but I have a lot of questions that Vytek seems to beat around the bush about. If anyone is interested in helping me with some laser details I would be grateful.

Here are some things I would like to know. First is is possible to somehow get around needing laserworx for vector cutting? I am used to my ULS system which prints right from Autocad. Laserworx is way over priced for what I need and if there is no way to work around not using it with a Vytek then I will not be getting a vytek. Also, anyone here have a system using a ULC-100 tube? I am looking to having to upgrade a system to a larger tube and i just wanted to see how things are setup. I know some vytek systems have beam expander before the turning mirror and I am not sure if that would be needed with the ULC100. Really, some pictures of how the larger tube setup is installed would be wonderful. Something else I have been trying to figure out is if a vytek is even a good option for vector cutting. I read here and there that the motion is not very good for cutting arcs or circles and I will put it this way, I cut all kinds of arcs, circles and what not with my files.

Looking forward to someone helping me out with these questions.

Thanks
Mike

Zsolt Paul
11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Mike, I have a vytek FXB 5151. I use laserworx and have not found another way to cut with the machine. However, the machine uses G-code and theoratically can use another software's g-code to cut with. You can also negotiate with them and perhaps they can throw in Laserworx. I agree, we are buying machines, not software. Software should be included to use the machine to its fullest capability.

As far as the motion not beeing good for cutting circles, quite the opposite is true. My machine has a brushless servo system, and in combination with a g-code software cutting, you can't get better, smoother, more accurate circles and arcs than that. With g-code and servo you can cut true arcs. Some other machines cut polylines (lots of tiny straight lines) to cut a circle. Those sometimes can produce jagged edges.

Micheal Hall
11-26-2011, 1:16 PM
Thanks for that info. What are the chances I could give you a call to talk about some of the methods used in Laserworx. I guess If There is no other way to operate a vytek then I would have no choice but to use it.

Thanks
Mike

Zsolt Paul
11-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Sent you a PM.

Paul Grothouse
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
If it runs G-code, then any CAM software should be able to generate the code for you. This would have to be separate from AutoCad. There are some pretty economical packages out there. The post will probably be fun to get.