PDA

View Full Version : Intarsia project

Lou Morrissette
03-06-2005, 7:08 PM
This is a design by Judy Gale Roberts. I built it for my new grandchild due in about a month. The wood is western red cedar, white pine and walnut. Finish is three coats of wipe on gel poly. Thanks for looking.

Lou

Colleen Devine
03-06-2005, 7:23 PM
Lou,

We do intarsia also and can appreciate the nice work you've done. I especially like the pup's left paw.

I suspect your grandchild will appreciate your artwork on various levels throughout her/his life.

Regards,
Colleen

Jeff Sudmeier
03-06-2005, 7:50 PM
Lou,

Great job on the Intarsia puppy! I am sure that your new grandchild will learn to love it!

Frank Pellow
03-06-2005, 7:53 PM
Very nice Lou! I am just starting to use a scroll saw and I can aspire to doing work as good as this someday. But, that day is most likely a long way off.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-06-2005, 8:16 PM
I haven't seen much Intarsia on the net, but I know good work when I see it. That is wonderful. As your Grandchild grows, I know they will enjoy it.

Bruce

Glenn Clabo
03-06-2005, 8:31 PM
Wicked cool Lou!

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2005, 8:53 PM
Excellent Lou! I plan on doing some intarsia work myself! Great stuff.

Corey

Keith Outten
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Really nice work Lou,

Beautiful work will be around for generations to come.

How many hours do you have in the project?

Lou Morrissette
03-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words.

Keith,

I figure about 12-14 hours. The eyelids and the toes of the left paw were a real challenge.:eek: :D

Lou

Keith Outten
03-07-2005, 7:38 AM
Lou,

I have wanted to try my hand at Intarsia for years however the time required to complete a project has always been a concern. I doubt that I could match your speed and quality but its going to be nagging at me until I try an Intarsia project.

The next Intarsia project you do you should take photos along the way and write an Article, it might inspire some of us who are on the edge to get crackin :)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-07-2005, 8:42 AM
Lou,

I agree with Keith! I have always wanted to try Intarsia, it always looks SO cool! If you were to write an article of tips and tricks, it may set the seed and get us going! :)

Lou Morrissette
03-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Keith and Jeff,

I am currently working on a project right now and have been taking pictures along the way. Jim Becker had asked me to do some kind of an article about intarsia. My problem is format and my limited computer experience. I may need some help in setting this up. Any volunteers?:D

Lou

John Gregory
03-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I sent a link to this for my wife to see. She is very interested in Intarsia.

Great Job!

Teresa Jones
03-07-2005, 4:44 PM
Lou,

I have seen some of Judy’s work and your puppy rendition is a superb example of intarsia.

I have tried my hand at intarsia a couple of times. I won’t EVEN post any pictures!!!

Very impressive.