PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Guides

Mike Gottlieb
11-24-2011, 6:36 PM
Do the Laguna bandsaw guides off any major advantage over my standard roller bearing guides?

Andrew Hughes
11-24-2011, 6:59 PM
Hi mike,I like the laguna guides.I have them on my 16in. saw.My smaller saw has carter bearings some woods build up on them quickly and they scream as they spin.The ceramic guides kinda scrap the blade as they cut.For resawing i am glad to have the laguna guides on the bigger saw.

jerry cousins
11-25-2011, 5:56 PM
i use the laguna guides on a mm16 for resawing - they are great - really good blade support. you'll be glad if you get a set.
jerry

glenn bradley
11-25-2011, 6:03 PM
This seems to vary based on what you cut and how you cut it. I have blocks on a small saw and bearings on my larger saw and have no issues with either. What is the condition you are trying to correct? Knowing that folks may be able to respond more openly.

Van Huskey
12-12-2011, 9:10 AM
This seems to vary based on what you cut and how you cut it. I have blocks on a small saw and bearings on my larger saw and have no issues with either. What is the condition you are trying to correct? Knowing that folks may be able to respond more openly.

This is the key, what benefit do you desire. I love Laguna guides BUT the benefits depend on the guides you are upgrading and the type of work you are planning to do. I find the current version of the Laguna guides to be the easiest and most fool proof guide to set up but depending on what you are replacing the difference may be minor.