PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected tool gloat

Bob Worrel Jr.
03-06-2005, 6:17 PM
I took my son-in-law to our local Lowes for some last minute materials for his porch we put up this weekend. Lowes has a sidewalk sale every weekend by us. They sell off the stuff that gets returned and display items. While I was looking around at the Stacks O Stuff, one of the employees brought out a box of tools. One item was a Milwaukee Circular saw, Model 6390-21, originally priced at $139.00. I asked the guy how much and he says $70.00. :D I said sold, reached for my wallet and it wasn't there. :mad: My son-in-law didn't have enough $$$ so I put it back. Within a second another guy picked it up...I figured he got a good deal and went home to finish the porch roof. I told my wife and daughter the story. They both hit me for not calling them. :o Later, we needed another bundle of shingles to cap it off. I stayed behind to finish off what we had left in shigles. My daughter got back and handed me a bag. YEP, the saw. :D Only she talked them down even more...She got it for $40.00. What a girl. I've been reading up on it and it sounds heavy duty enough. Enjoy the pics.

Randy Moore
03-06-2005, 6:46 PM
Your S I L better keep his wife--YOUR DAUGHtER.She sounds like a keeper and you seem to have got a good saw.

Randy

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2005, 6:58 PM
Way to go Bob!! Excellent gloat and excellent tool! Enjoy,

Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
03-06-2005, 7:47 PM
Bob,

I don't know which to congratulate more, your saw or your daughter! Good job on both :)