PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous women and gorgeous wood

robert baccus
11-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Both will make a fool of a good man(turner). blew the top off a multi-A piece of box elder, a 13" pueblo bowl. thats 2 in 3 days however my bride says it will make a really nice flower pot. the stuff is hexed as well as being dangerous.-------------old forester

John Keeton
11-24-2011, 7:15 AM
Robert, you may be right - perhaps that box elder is hexed! Have you thought about perhaps turning another wood just to test that theory????;):D

Fred Belknap
11-24-2011, 7:59 AM
Robert maybe the tree is haunted.:) Several years ago we (construction crew) had to take down some large sycamore trees to replace a bridge. A few weeks later a lady stopped by the job and ask if anyone on our crew had been injured since cutting down the trees. She said the trees were very old and held the spirits of the Indians who ounce live there. We had a traffic control person killed a couple weeks before that and on another job so I didn't see the connection but she did.:confused:

Steve Schlumpf
11-24-2011, 9:49 AM
Sure sounds like you have had your challenges with this wood! Hope you get something out of it to show for all your work!

Mike Cruz
11-24-2011, 9:11 PM
There's a country song that says, "Women'll be the death of me...but what a way to go." I guess the same could be said for beautiful wood. :rolleyes: