PDA

View Full Version : Office 2010 question

Sean Troy
11-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Hio all, I just setup my new computer with Office 2010. One small issue, on my desktop, the Word icon is messed up. It looks like a generic Microsoft icon with Microsoft Word 2010 under it. How do I get the "W" icon in it's place? thanks for any help, Sean

Mike Henderson
11-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I assume this is for Windows 7. If so, browse to C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14

Look for Winword.exe

Right click and choose "send to" then "Desktop (create shortcut)". This should give you the proper icon.

This happened to me with Excel.

Mike

Sean Troy
11-24-2011, 9:34 AM
I assume this is for Windows 7. If so, browse to C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14

Look for Winword.exe

Right click and choose "send to" then "Desktop (create shortcut)". This should give you the proper icon.

This happened to me with Excel.

Mike
Hi Mike, I don't have a Winword.exe but there is a WINWORD. Does that indicate a repair needed for Office? Thanks, Sean

Mike Henderson
11-24-2011, 9:46 AM
You probably have your windows explorer program set to not show the program suffix (that's the default). As far as capitalization, it's the same thing. Go ahead and create a shortcut on WINWORD. You can try doing a repair. Let me know if it helps.

Mike

Sean Troy
11-24-2011, 10:14 AM
You probably have your windows explorer program set to not show the program suffix (that's the default). As far as capitalization, it's the same thing. Go ahead and create a shortcut on WINWORD. You can try doing a repair. Let me know if it helps.

Mike
Thanks Mike, that worked. I did your suggestion to Winword and now have the desktop icon. Thanks so much, Sean