PDA

View Full Version : scroll saw gloat

Lou Morrissette
03-06-2005, 5:54 PM
A few weeks ago I queried the membership on where was the best deal for a Dewalt 788 scroll saw as my old Delta was on it's last leg. As it turned out, I found a guy locally who was parting out his shop and had a 788 with about 10 hours on it. He was willing to part with it for $200. and I gladly obliged him. I have to say that compared to my Delta, that is one sweet piece of equipment. It is virtualy vibration free, quiet and a joy to operate. I started a new intarsia project this weekend (pics to follow) and completed all the cutting in half the time it usualy takes me. Just thought I'd share.

Lou

Jim Dunn
03-06-2005, 7:06 PM
Lou that's sweet deal on that scroll saw. Looks like it hasn't seen any use at all, let alone 10hrs. Is it hooked up to a dust collection system?

Jeff Sudmeier
03-06-2005, 7:48 PM
Lou,

Congrats on the saw! I am not looking for a new saw, but if I could get the DW for $200 I would jump on it! Have fun!

Frank Pellow
03-06-2005, 7:51 PM
Hey, you sure got a good deal! Congratulations!

Lou Morrissette
03-06-2005, 8:28 PM
Hey, you sure got a good deal! Congratulations!
Frank,

I know we discussed the Excalibur but I just could'nt pass up this deal! I love it.

Lou

Lou Morrissette
03-06-2005, 8:33 PM
Jim,

That hose you see is the DC line to my sanding station in the back. Right now, the dust just gets blown off the table by the saw.:o Maybe I'll come up with some way of collecting it some day.:D

Lou

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2005, 8:35 PM
Nice gloat Lou. That is a great saw. Enjoy it and post some pics :)

Corey