PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Ornaments

Marshall Border
11-23-2011, 3:25 PM
Made out of 1/8" BB Plywood , stack cut 5 at a time . The pattern come Steve Good's web site .........any comments are welcome .........MB 213571213572

Michael Moscicki
11-23-2011, 4:47 PM
Nice work with the scroll saw.

I take it you'll have to make new ones next year and the year after and so on and so forth.

Marshall Border
11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes Michael this would be good for only one year and so on as you said . But this is mostly what I do is cutting Christmas Tree Ornaments ........MB

Keith Outten
11-30-2011, 7:23 AM
Marshall,

There is a fairly large number of ornament patterns in the Engravers Forum here that would be excellent for scroll sawing. Most are Corel Draw files attached to various posts, they are vector files so they can be enlarged or reduced in size to fit the project and then printed for saw patterns.

If you don't have Corel Draw it might be a good investment. You can purchase older versions of Corel pretty cheap these days.

Jerome Hanby
11-30-2011, 10:07 AM
I think the date is a cool thing. Use them every year, just make a new batch for the current year to also use. You could even get industrious and make sets for the next 50 years and have something you could pass along to your kids that keeps working for years after you are gone. I'm sure my loved ones will completely dump all my shop stuff as soon as I start to cool, but they might keep ornaments...

Marshall Border
11-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I think the date is a cool thing. Use them every year, just make a new batch for the current year to also use. You could even get industrious and make sets for the next 50 years and have something you could pass along to your kids that keeps working for years after you are gone. I'm sure my loved ones will completely dump all my shop stuff as soon as I start to cool, but they might keep ornaments... I'm in agreement with you on this Jerome also ....................MB

Jerome Hanby
11-30-2011, 4:08 PM
MB just noticed your tag line. I think same would go for me if you added "and with the same end result" <g>