PDA

View Full Version : OH YEAH!! SWMBO just got her bonus!

Randy Dutkiewicz
11-23-2011, 6:57 AM
That's right! And it's time to do some spending! I have practically every power tool I'll ever need (for now), so this time I'll be dropping a chunk of change on some accessories and blade stock ups I'm in desperate need of. Infinity and others...here I come!:D

Rick Thom
11-23-2011, 8:09 AM
Send $ to me and I will help you. After all, somebody has to do the dirty work:)

George Gyulatyan
11-23-2011, 1:23 PM
I am with Rick on this one, Randy. I can help you spend some of that on power tools. I need a drill press :D

Chris Tsutsui
11-23-2011, 2:20 PM
I had to look up SWMBO to find that it stands for "she who must be obeyed"... haha

I think this classifies as a gloat because if my wife ever got a bonus, she'd only buy clothes and shoes for herself and the kids.

The only thing I could get her to buy me is maybe a healthy snack to lower my cholesterol.

glenn bradley
11-23-2011, 2:58 PM
Don't listen to Rick and George, they are trying to deceive you. Send all that money to me for safekeeping. I'll invest it wisely in something for my shop . . . er, I mean in a solid portfolio for you.

Randy Dutkiewicz
11-23-2011, 3:31 PM
Too funny guys:p Yeah, I always look forward to NOV each year, because I can always count on this coming in. Last year, her bonus bought me my Grizzly cyclone and all the metal ductwork. I think she's STILL scratching her head on that one. Once I got it installed, she says to me "why do you need such a huge vacuum cleaner?" Gotta love her though!

Brian Kent
11-23-2011, 3:47 PM
She's probably happy that when she gives money to her husband he buys a vacuum cleaner.

Moses Yoder
11-23-2011, 3:56 PM
I wouldn't mind getting some tips on how you got to spend your wife's bonus for your shop. Money for my shop usually has to come from projects I build.

Bruce Page
11-23-2011, 4:12 PM
I wouldn't mind getting some tips on how you got to spend your wife's bonus for your shop.
+1 on that!

George Gyulatyan
11-23-2011, 4:39 PM
The only thing I could get her to buy me is maybe a healthy snack to lower my cholesterol.
My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said "Gift Certificate from Rockler or Guitar Center". Her response: "No, I'll get you clothes, you need to refresh your closet. You make too much noise with what you've got already anyways" :o

Randy Dutkiewicz
11-23-2011, 7:21 PM
I wouldn't mind getting some tips on how you got to spend your wife's bonus for your shop. Money for my shop usually has to come from projects I build.
Simple........whenever she asks "can you build me this?", just say "right away Hon!" She also realizes that either I can build her pretty much whatever she asks for OR we can spend three times on purchasing it commercially compared to what it would have cost ME to build what she wants to begin with.;)

Randy Dutkiewicz
11-23-2011, 7:23 PM
My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said "Gift Certificate from Rockler or Guitar Center". Her response: "No, I'll get you clothes, you need to refresh your closet. You make too much noise with what you've got already anyways" :o

That hurts:(

Randy Dutkiewicz
11-23-2011, 7:23 PM
She's probably happy that when she gives money to her husband he buys a vacuum cleaner.

LOL!!! Absolutely!