PDA

View Full Version : Headboard out the clamps

Russ Massery
03-06-2005, 12:37 PM
The LOML has had this project on my to do list for a while. Some of the parts have been made for awhile. This weekend I found myself between projects and have grown very tired of moving the parts around the shop, so I finished the rest of parts and assembled it last night. pic attached............

Jim Dunn
03-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Very nice work!! Russ is it birch?, or oak?

Russ Massery
03-06-2005, 1:18 PM
It's Red Oak. We had a bad storm 2 years ago that took out a bunch of trees. I when out to talk to the guy from the tree service about what they were doing with the logs, he said that a sawyer was on his way to pick them up, I waited around to talk to him. later I when to his shop and watch them saw them up and he let hand pick the boards as they came off the saw. I stacked them and he put them in the kiln in a seperate stack just for me. I paid a little over $1.00BF:D. I was a fascinating by the process, I've learned alot about lumber and trees from him. I been going to him ever since for lumber.

Mark Riegsecker
03-06-2005, 1:59 PM
That's a nice job, Russ. I've always wanted to make a bed like that. That's certainly something that can be handed down to later generations.

Jerry Olexa
03-06-2005, 2:01 PM
Nice job, Russ! You appreciate it more when you go from the log to finished product! Well done!

Kent Cori
03-06-2005, 7:15 PM
Terrific job Russ. I made a headboard for my daughter last year. She says that she thinks about me every night before she goes to bed. :) Of course, she doesn't tell me what she is thinking about me! :eek: :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
03-06-2005, 7:51 PM
Looks outstanding, Russell! Very nice, indeed.