PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone Dust Collector Owners in DFW where are you?

Adrian Anguiano
11-22-2011, 4:31 PM
Last Christmas I got a brand new Grizzly 1023, and with the help of Jim O'Dell from SMC I got it all put together perfectly (Thanks Jim)!

This Christmas I want to buy a Cyclone for my 2 car garage. Jim was kind enough to show me his Clearvue, but id like to see a JDS Mobile Cyclone or Laguna if anyone has one yet, a 2 or 3hp Grizzly Cyclone, and an Oneida Mobile or Stationary Cyclone.

I want to compare ease of taking out the bags, suction power, and most of all compare noise!

if you are in the DFW area and have a recent made cyclone, and are willing to show off your suction, id love to come by!

PM Me. Thanks!
Adrian Anguiano

Steve Jenkins
11-22-2011, 5:45 PM
I have an Oneida cyclone but it may be a bit bigger than you are interesed in seeing. It is 7-1/2hp. I have it set up to empty into a 55 gallon drum and it has two filter canisters on the exhaust end. You're welcome to come by if you want.
Steve

Adrian Anguiano
11-22-2011, 6:31 PM
7+ horses oh my!Thanks Steve, but you're right. That's unrealistic for my shop. If my dreams at night ever come true for my house turning into a wood shop I will take you up on that offer.

Adrian Anguiano
11-23-2011, 8:51 PM
No one in DFW with dust cyclones :( :(. Anyone out there?

raymond Abel
11-23-2011, 9:20 PM
allo
did you think to look to Laguna's Cyclone?
look what a 3 hp can do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOhfxtDZCS4

Let me know if you have questions

Salutations
Ray

John Aperahama
11-23-2011, 9:47 PM
Cant really comment I have a 9 year old PSI tempest that works very well. Saw a laguna at woodcraft in Addison last weekend, impressive if only for its small size.

Matt Benton
11-25-2011, 8:42 AM
I have one that I need to post to the classifieds. I'm cleaning out the garage and making room for other stuff. It's a cast aluminum impeller housing with a new leeson 3 hp motor and the cyclone body from ebay. I was planning to ask somewhere around $600, just to get my money back. Haven't actually hooked it up to any machines since building, just turned it on a couple of times to verify it works....

Adrian Anguiano
11-25-2011, 2:03 PM
Ray: thx for video.
John: I agree
Matt: I'll keep that in mind

All: still looking for friendly woodworkers in DFW that have a Oneida, Laguna, or JDS that they can show me. Anyone??

Adrian Anguiano
12-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Sending another shout out to DFW cyclone owners. I would love a demo

Pete Cyr
12-09-2011, 7:13 PM
215379 http://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae251/PeterCyr/Shop Pic-Video/Dust collection/ (http://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae251/PeterCyr/Shop Pic-Video/Dust collection/)

I have a Grizzly G0440, 2HP. It does a great job - I run 2 6" PVC runs that split into 2 and 4 four inch suction lines and one four inch PVC ine buried in the floor for the table saw. I usually leave the table saw suction open all the time and open the suction for the other tool in use. This is a big help keeping down the dust but an air filter for the fine airbourn dust is still necessary.

Troy Turner
12-10-2011, 8:33 PM
Adrian - Not sure if they stock them, but have you tried Woodcraft and Rockler stores? I'm sure whatever they have they'd be willing to fire up.

Adrian Anguiano
12-10-2011, 8:54 PM
Troy,I wish. Unfortunately all the rocklers and woodcrafts near hear only have single stage dust collectors in house. Which is what I already have. A jet 1100 with canister filter

John Aperahama
12-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Adrian I am very sure that the laguna I saw at woodcraft Addison was a cyclone. Anyway they will not fire it up anyway, usually liability issue.

Adrian Anguiano
12-10-2011, 11:14 PM
John,Yeah both woodcraft and Rockler just both got the Laguna in stock very recently. I doubt they will get em dirty. I'll stop by tomorrow and ask though.