PDA

View Full Version : Fein Turbo II Quit

Rick Fisher
11-22-2011, 2:29 AM
I read a post here a few months ago about a Fein Vac quitting..

Mine is about 3 years old.. It seems to be a switch problem.. If I plug my sander into the vac, it still comes on, so the power is still flowing through it, but the vac doesn't come on..

Anyone run into this ? Seems disappointing considering the age of it ..

Jason Roehl
11-22-2011, 8:23 AM
Have you checked the motor brushes (assuming it has them, of course--I don't know)?

Glenn Ancona
11-24-2011, 8:58 PM
Give fein a call- They have a decent service dept may be able to trouble shot over phone. They didnt hold up to our solid surface dust. After two rebuilds we switched to festool, you would still be under warranty. The fein does stay on longer afterthe tool is switched off. Nice feature for sanding. Wish i had more advice.

russ bransford
11-25-2011, 10:53 AM
If your machine is under warranty you can send it back for repair.<BR>If not...........<BR>Sounds like a switch. The circuit board is right behind the switch panel. Turn the vacuum head upside down. Use a long shaft #2 phillips on the four screws in the deep holes. Turn it back to the upright position and pull on the orange handle. It comes off like Darth Vader's helmet. Check the connections to the circuit board. If all the clips are on tight, then you have a switch problem. If you've gotten this far then you can replace the switch yourself. Fein should sell you one.