PDA

View Full Version : Bruiser near our house

Bob Rufener
11-21-2011, 9:28 PM
I set my trail camera out a few days before the gun deer season opened in Wisconsin. I almost flipped when I checked my camera the next morning. The camera is no more than 30 yards from our house. Needless to say, I hunted real close to home for opening weekend. Needless to say, I never saw him again.:mad:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Bob....You are surprised? LOL. When I elk hunted, I don't know how many times I'd be helping a friend cut firewood in the area where we elk hunt....before the season opened.....We'd see elk galore. Of course, when the season opened, it wasn't that easy. LOL.....Nice whitetail buck in your photo!

Jeff Nicol
11-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Bob, We had a bunch of great bucks on our cameras this year also, but only one of them was seen this last weekend during the hunt, and he was running like he had a fire under him after a hot doe! I saw 17 deer opening day and not one buck in the bunch except little nubby ones! We did end up with 11 deer between the 7 of us, so not too bad and I got 3 nice does. We saw almost 70 deer for the day and a half we hunted.

Hope the big one shows himself again before the seasons end, Have a Happy Thanksgiving and GO PACKERS!

Jeff