PDA

View Full Version : Are You Making Anything For Christmas?

Jim Koepke
11-21-2011, 3:12 PM
There was a recent thread on buying or giving American for Christmas this year.

My wife and I like to make things for our kids and grandkids.

I wanted a small wooden spoon for salsa when we have burritos. Candy thought they would be nice to give to the kids for Christmas.

They are made of a local cherry.

The one on the right is still in progress. All the others have had a coat of food grade mineral oil applied.

Is anyone else making Christmas gifts this year?

Pictures please...

jtk

Matt Meiser
11-21-2011, 3:27 PM
Not this year, as gifts anyway. I'm building my parents' dining table which needs to be done in time to eat Christmas dinner--going to be tough to seat 10 adults, 1 adolescent, and 2 toddlers around a folding table otherwise.

Mike Henderson
11-21-2011, 3:39 PM
My wife has wanted me to make shelves for a couple of closets so that's what I'm working on now. Each closet will have eight shelves and they will be adjustable. The span is about 55" so I'm putting aluminum angle along the front and back to strengthen the shelves.

Mike

mickey cassiba
11-21-2011, 5:22 PM
Due to my recent slide into the turning vortex, I've found myself in possession of a bunch of pens, bottle stoppers, etc. While I started up with the intention of selling these things, (and I have sold a few) going into production would seem too much like a job. Guess what everyone's getting this year:D

Bonnie Campbell
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
With all the drama around here I still haven't gotten my shop set up :rolleyes: So I'll be baking cinnamon rolls as gifts.

Rich Engelhardt
11-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Ummmm - cinnamon rolls...sweet cinnamon rolls......gooey sweet cinnamon rolls slathered with butter.......hot, gooey sweet cinnamon rolls slathered with butter....hot, gooey sweet cinnamon rolls slathered with butter and sprinked with some chopped nuts....hot, gooey sweet cinnamon rolls slathered with butter and sprinked with some chopped nuts washed down with some hot chocolate.......hot, gooey sweet cinnamon rolls slathered with butter and sprinked with some chopped nuts washed down with some hot chocolate and some bacon on the side...and some scrambled eggs..and some has browns....and watching the turkey roast in the oven....

:D

Gary Hodgin
11-22-2011, 1:28 PM
Shelves and bookcases for grandkids new play room. Start next Monday.

Jim Rimmer
11-22-2011, 3:47 PM
I'm hoping to finish these tables for my wife for Christmas. This is a picture of dry fit and taken from the back. Where the apron is, the front will have a drawer. Made from Honduran mahogany based on a photo I saw on FWW site (second picture).

Brad Adamson
11-25-2011, 6:49 AM
I am working on a bookcase and bed frame with drawers on the side for storage this holiday.

Jim Koepke
11-25-2011, 2:33 PM
Glad to see others making things for the holidays.

Jim, I am sure your wife will love those tables. The look great so far.

Candy took the spoons with her to visit in California.

The grandkids all loved them. They were supposed to be for the parents.

So now I will be making a bunch more.

I am thinking of carving faces or animals on them.

jtk

Ricky Rater
11-25-2011, 7:31 PM
I made a some rubber band guns for my boys... will probably crank out one or two more. Loosely based on plans from www.lvrbgun.com. Learning how to use my new bandsaw.

Jim Koepke
11-28-2011, 1:56 PM
Here are a couple more of the spoons I have been making.

Hopefully I will get a bit better at carving before this is all done.

jtk

Don Jarvie
11-29-2011, 2:07 PM
I hoping to make my daughter a high chair for her dolls.

steven c newman
11-29-2011, 3:00 PM
Working on a Blanket Chest for my Daughter.214224214225214226214227The wood came from old rafters in a garage that fell down. Not sure WHERE that 1/2" plywood came from. Currently waiting on a second coat of varnish.