PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Co2 laser not etching all the way thru a text file.

Preston Olsen
11-21-2011, 1:17 PM
Has anyone encountered or heard of an issue with a laser that didnt finish a file and goes back to the home position before it is complete. The file is just a text file and when it gets about 2/3rds of the way done it just stops. I have replaced the main controller, reinstalled lasercut and even updated the frm/hrdw to the machine but none of this helped. I thought maybe it had something to do with the way i had set up the file in corel but i drew a square/circle in lazercut and it does the same thing. So know im turning to all you professionals out there for help...any info. on this would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks.
Preston

Ian Franks
11-21-2011, 2:43 PM
Try rotating the file 180 degrees sometimes that stops this for us when there are lines close to the right edges.

George M. Perzel
11-21-2011, 6:57 PM
Hi preston;
Do you get any error message? Check your Y axis table width setting-is the drawing field within this boundary?
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Vicki Rivrud
11-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi Preston,
Which controller do you have? MPC6515 has a memory issue at times.

Make sure you delete all the files out of the buffer and reboot the machine.

We had the same issue and I upgraded to a MPC6535 which now has 128mb, which is also shielded now and doesn't react to static.

Are you using the immediate feature or is it unchecked? Try moving your drawings to a different area of the table and see if you notice any difference.

Any beeps? or soft stops?

Let me know,
Vicki