PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
11-21-2011, 9:15 AM
21 Nov 2011

Happy Thanksgiving "early" to each of you.!!!

It's been hectic at work and I even got to play in the shop some in the past week. Remember the veneer repair project that I mentioned last week? Well, I learned that it can be loosened by using the LOML's iron to apply heat to it....shsssshhhh....!! Don't tell her!!!
It's not perfect by any means but at least I know better about what to do on this repair job.

Preparations are in the mix for Thanksgiving this week. So I'll not blab on any more here and let you get back to doing what you need to do for this busy week for many.

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend??

Best of weeks to you all and may you be blessed with great food, fellowship, and family memories.

Matt Meiser
11-21-2011, 9:19 AM
I spent a lot of time working on the table project and working on finishing some furniture projects my club is building for 2 different local charities. The charity projects are going to be finished up the day after Thanksgiving and I'm hoping to get construction on the table finished before then so I can get the sanding done and get a coat of Seal A Cell on it by the end of the weekend.

On the table, I just need to make some auxiliary legs for when it is in its fully open position, glue up the leg assemblies, and a few other detail items. Getting very close.

Jerome Hanby
11-21-2011, 9:53 AM
Bought 5 diffuser panels to replace cracked ones on shop lights I'm getting ready to install. Went by Sunbelt rentals and paid for and made delivery arrangements for a scissor lift. Depending on their driver's Thanksgiving schedule it will either be dropped off sometime Wednesday or Friday, either way I get it until Monday for a one day rental price, so I'm hoping for Wednesday! Hopefully this will complete all my shop electrical wiring and I'll be able to see in the shop day or night!

David Hostetler
11-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I spent much of my weekend working remotely on a Microsoft Windows cluster problem, which we got squared away, so with what little shop time I had, I spent some quality time with wallboard compound patching the anchor holes in the common wall of the shop / house, sanded them down (more or less), primed and painted in prep for mounting up my "Shop Library Cabinet". This should be completed by tonight...

I spent a couple of hours helping LOML rearrange the stuff in the pantry, went through and chucked out old / out of date stuff, and stuff that was coming close got taken the local food bank.

I need some Pecan firewood to smoke my turkey on Wednesday / Thursday. My plan at this point is to start the bird in the smoker, and give it 2 to 3 hours of smoke time, and then do the actual real cooking in the oven. That way I minimize the low temp time to try to avoid the nasties...

David Keast
11-21-2011, 1:40 PM
Started assembling the settle I'm making (a commission), dry fitted the side panels to the transverse members, finished raising the panels (on the table saw) and roughed out the stock for the seat. Today (monday) made up the seat from three nice boards and fitted the breadboard ends, but most of the time was spent outside as the weather was really too nice to be indoors.

Outdoors : cut up several trees felled a few weeks back to clear one of the islands in the river in front of the house. Got around 1.5 tonnes of firewood out of that, plus a vast heap of small stuff. Also fetched several tractor loads of firewood drying under tarpaulins in the woods and brought them into the barn.

The roofers finished today, replaced the defective tiles fitted 5 yrs ago, all free of charge of course - that is, the maker of the defective tiles is paying !

Stan Mitchell
11-21-2011, 2:09 PM
With my father only a couple of years away from turning 90, I decided he needed a classier looking walking cane that the anodized aluminum one my mother bought at the drugstore.

Turned out to be a nice weekend project. Cut it out and glued it together on Friday night and spent Saturday (off-and-on) shaping and sanding. Now I'm just waiting for the hardware from Lee Valley before applying finish.