PDA

View Full Version : David Keller got the WoW cover!

Scott Hackler
11-20-2011, 5:42 PM
For his latest Maple trio! Congratulations Dr Keller! Very well deserved.

John Keeton
11-20-2011, 5:44 PM
Yes it was!!! Great grouping, and each individual piece was a winner. Congrats, David!!

Lupe Duncan
11-20-2011, 5:44 PM
Congrats David.....

Robert McGowen
11-20-2011, 5:47 PM
You can count that as 3 covers on your resume! Well deserved.

David Keller NC
11-20-2011, 5:51 PM
'K - I'll bite, what's WoW? (searching for that, btw, turns up endless sites devoted to World of Warcraft). Amusing thing is - I am also Dr. David E Keller (but I sure didn't make anything worthy of a cover shot!).

Jonathan Smith
11-20-2011, 5:57 PM
For his latest Maple trio! Congratulations Dr Keller! Very well deserved.

I've seen a couple of these post, didn't someone else get the same honor recently? What is WoW?

Bernie Weishapl
11-20-2011, 5:59 PM
Congrats David. Well deserved.

David DeCristoforo
11-20-2011, 6:16 PM
"...I am also Dr. David E Keller..."

You are, obviously, not the "right" Dr. David E. Keller (OMG...THERE'S TWO OF THEM?!?!?!?)

But FWIW, WoW (World of Woodturners) is a "My Family" site and that is why you cannot "Google" it. Their security rivals that of Fort Knox! But anyone is welcome to join. Here's the URL:

http://www.thewows.com/isapi.dll?c=h&htx=page

At the bottom is a contact link. Just ask for a membership and follow the rules...

Oh, yes...and BTW a big congrats to the "other" Dr Keller. Your trio is certainly worthy of the cover. I think it's one of your best efforts yet.

David E Keller
11-20-2011, 6:24 PM
I was as shocked to see the photo on the cover as DD was to find out that I'm cloning myself! I plan to slowly repopulate the Earth with Dr. David Kellers(insert maniacal laugh here)! Thanks for the kudos!

Ed Morgano
11-20-2011, 6:38 PM
Congratulations David. Well deserved cover.

David DeCristoforo
11-20-2011, 6:38 PM
"I plan to slowly repopulate the Earth with Dr. David Kellers..."

OK.... Now how do we know you are the real Dr. Keller? I mean, the whole thing is looking very suspicious at this point. I mean... not one but three turnings with no voids in them?

Ed Morgano
11-20-2011, 6:43 PM

OK.... Now how do we know you are the real Dr. Keller? I mean, the whole thing is looking very suspicious at this point. I mean... not one but three turnings with no voids in them?

No voids?!?!?!? Definitely suspicious!

David Keller NC
11-20-2011, 6:45 PM

Yeah, but you didn't ask what they looked like after he took them out of the bag of shavings.:)

David Keller NC
11-20-2011, 6:46 PM
I was as shocked to see the photo on the cover as DD was to find out that I'm cloning myself! I plan to slowly repopulate the Earth with Dr. David Kellers(insert maniacal laugh here)! Thanks for the kudos!

Yikes! That is scary, and I'm one of them!:D

David DeCristoforo
11-20-2011, 6:54 PM
"That is scary..."

Alright... Who the hell are you and what have you done with Dr Keller?

Faust M. Ruggiero
11-20-2011, 6:56 PM
Nice honor, Doc. Well deserved credit.
faust

Bill Bolen
11-20-2011, 7:37 PM
Congrats David, outstanding set of triplets.

Ted Calver
11-20-2011, 7:49 PM
So...it's really a collaborative effort by the three Keller's. Congratulations to you all!!

Ed Morgano
11-20-2011, 7:50 PM
Wait, I missed someting....who is the third Dr Keller and where is he hiding?

Rich Aldrich
11-20-2011, 8:01 PM
Dr. Keller - Congratulations and well deserved....whoever you are.:eek::D

Steve Schlumpf
11-20-2011, 8:02 PM
David - congrats on the cover honors! Well deserved!

Alan Trout
11-20-2011, 8:09 PM
David,

Congratulations, They are a wonderful set.

Alan

David DeCristoforo
11-20-2011, 8:10 PM
"...who is the third Dr Keller..."

OK... I gotta confess. I am the third and the real Dr. Keller. Those other two guys are impostors hired to impersonate me so that I could assume the disguise of an aging acerbic italian woodworker. Actually, there is no Dr. Keller. I am, in truth, an alien from the Andromeda system and took on the persona of "Dr. Keller" in an attempt to re-excite interest in "doctor shows" on TV. Earth's TV signals began to reach Andromeda during the 1970's (by your calendar) and we were fascinated by the idea of people becoming ill (something that we eliminated several millennia ago) and needing medical care. However, my plan fell flat as your people seemed to be interested only in what you call "reality shows". At that point I created the alternate Dr Kellers to take my place so that I could try being an Italian woodworker in the hopes that it would offer the same level of satisfaction that I imagined being a studly TV doctor would offer. Unfortunately, that did not pan out either and I have been reduced to stabbing at spinning chunks of wood with sharp metal sticks while I wait for the ship to come and take me home. I will face a lengthy term of punishment for meddling in the affairs of earthlings and possibly altering their destiny in ways that have yet to be imagined. Oh well... it was fun while it lasted....

Steve bellinger
11-20-2011, 8:18 PM
doc congrads.coun't happen to a better person.

Ted Calver
11-20-2011, 8:18 PM
I knew I could smoke out a third Keller! Anybody wanna try for four?

Roger Chandler
11-20-2011, 8:23 PM
Congratulations David, er, uh, I mean Dr. Keller, or at least I think I mean that or do I really mean Dr. Italian Woodworking orthopedist/wood stabbing alien, er, uh, uhmmn................

...........well whoever you are...........those were a nice trio of forms, and that WOW cover pic is a nice honor and uh, er, uh.......would you please try not "alienating" yourself any more.............I am so confused........I think?! :eek:

Allan Ferguson
11-20-2011, 8:31 PM
Congratulations. They are a very nice set.

Kathy Marshall
11-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Congratulations David! and David! and David!
Oh and DD, I've had contact with your mother ship and I'm to inform you that your punishment, is to be left here on Earth for the remainder of your days or eternity, whichever comes first.

Baxter Smith
11-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Congrats David. A great picture of some great work!

Dan Forman
11-21-2011, 3:22 AM
Congrat's David!!

Dan

charlie knighton
11-21-2011, 10:52 AM
congratulations, David

Cathy Schaewe
11-21-2011, 3:25 PM
Nice job - and I have now learned more about the alien David Keller than I ever wanted to know!

Ron Bontz
11-21-2011, 9:24 PM
Congrats to one of those Kellers. Although it does not surprise me since aliens are, after all, more advanced than we earthlings. Somebody needs to keep the Dr. Kellers away from the genetics research labs.