PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Tech support from Nova

Harold Poland
11-19-2011, 9:07 PM
I inquired on this forum as to how to get tail stock parts for my broken lathe. I called the toll free number that was posted here on my lunch hour Monday and had the pleasure of dealing with Bob and Mike as well as another fellow with a New Zealand accent(Im guessing) The parts where here by 8am Wednesday. Now thats great service. I came home Friday to find a message to call Teknatool, I will give them a call Monday but I presume they called to see If I recieved the parts. Thanks for the advice

Jesse Goodwin
11-19-2011, 9:38 PM
I live in Sarasota, Fl so I am only an hour from Teknatools office in St Petersburg. I have been having bad vibration problems in my 12 year old Nova 3000, so Wednesday I called them and I talked to Joel (from New Zealand) and he emailed directions on how to figure out what the problem was. After dissasembly I thought I knew what the problem was, but I wasn't sure enough to start ordering parts. Thursday I called Joel and he said bring it on up. I drove to there shop and he did a thorough check of everything and determined what I suspected was right and sold me the $8.50 part to fix it. I also got to preview the new 2024 DVR that is going to hit the market the first of next year. It is a nice machine and is going to be a great bang for the buck deal. I have never had a better customer support experience, ever. Joel and the other guys were sincerely concerned that I did not spend a dime more than neccesary. When I put my lathe back together it work perfectly. Thanks Joel Latimer.

When I die, just bury me in my shavings.

Steve Butcher
11-20-2011, 2:11 PM
Hi Jesse
I too have a nova 3000 (about 10 years old)
I would be interested to know what the cause of vibration was and the fix.

Steve

Jesse Goodwin
11-20-2011, 4:33 PM
Hi Steve
The hole in the pivot pin that the headstock pivots on had worn and gotten sloppy so that the locking pin would not hold the headstock perfectly true. It can also the set screws that hold the pulleys on the motor and spindle have worked loose. Contact Teknatool and Joel will email all the neccessary instructions to check it out and dissasemble what ever is needed. If it is the pivot pin, and you take it out, the lock pin should fit snugly in the pivot pin with only hand pressure. No matter how hard I pushed the two pins together the lock pin still wiggled which allowed the vibration. It only vibrated when running with a load on the spindle. The owners manual is available on the Teknatool website. Download it and it will tell you how to check for common problems and Joel can email pages from the service manual. Like I said my problem only required an $8.50 part to fix. Good Luck.

When I die, just bury me in my shavings.