PDA

View Full Version : OT: (GLOAT) ... Should'a built a new Shop

Michael Cody
03-06-2005, 1:15 AM
Should have used the money to build a new shop .. but here is what I did this weekend. With a new mooring cover, adding on upgraded engine & other items, came to almost 12k w/tax, title, etc.... 40HP, GPS & Lowerance Locator, 50lbs Thrust MinnKota, livewells, extra seat, etc... SWMBO talked me into it instead of just a tiller model... gotta love that! My 47 year old Meyers Aluminum (1958)was just about done, rivets seeped so bad you had to bail out about 2-3 hours to keep the water off your feet, the 5hp Johnson had water pump issues last 2-3 years every spring.. Just had to update!

Karl Laustrup
03-06-2005, 6:21 AM
What will the layout be for the TS, BS, Jointer, Planer and most importantly the DC? :confused: ;) :D :D

On a plus note it appears once you have all the tools in place you shouldn't have to move much to use any of them. ;) :D

How many feet extension cord will it take, or are you going to use a generator?

Just kidding, Michael. Nice gloat. When's the fish fry? :) :D

Spence DePauw
03-06-2005, 9:27 AM
Mike, does that mean there'll be more chisels available in the near future? :D :D :D

Spence

Jeff Sudmeier
03-06-2005, 9:34 AM
Mike,

Looks like you got yourself a great new toy! Congrats on it, I'm not a fisherman, but I love being out on the lake in the boat! :)

Lou Morrissette
03-06-2005, 9:59 AM
Mike,

Great looking rig. Spring must be here!:D

Lou

Bart Leetch
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
You better catch fish every-time you go out now. Because it'll take a lot of fish to pay for that nice looking boat. I have a feeling that we will some day buy a 12' - 14' aluminum boat that will fit the trailer we currently have. We already have a small gas motor & electric motor which should work ok for fishing on the lakes we go to

Jim Dunn
03-06-2005, 10:14 AM
The way I figure it, each time a catch a fish it is worth about, oh say, $1,000.00;)
My wife says either the ww tools go or the boat has to go. I tell her the boat is something to keep me out of the house in the summer and she says keep it:)

Michael Cody
03-06-2005, 2:48 PM
I haven't calc'd the fish cost per pound, but for fun one day after reading an article me & buddy calc'd out duck for him mostly since I just tag along.. based on percent used, etc...

Duck: (in relation to ammunition -- ducks take a good amount of ammo!)

1 - boat (his deep-v Lund) w/50hp motor, trailer, etc........15,000 * 10% =1500
1 - 2004 Ford F-250............................................... ............ 31,000 * 1% =310
1 - Remington 870 Express Super Mag....................................450 * 50% =225
? - ammunition per year for hunting & sport............................150 * 35% = 53
1 - Gas, food, other items cost for 8-10 trips duck hunting....1000 * 100%=1000
1 - Hyper active chocolate lab Kelly who lives to duck hunt!..1750 * 100%=1750
(dog counts food, vet bills, etc...)

That's the hi-lights. Last year he took 21 ducks -- total about 52lbs (based on 1.5lbs per duck which might be high) of meat so the total cost per lbs = 91.25$ :eek: a pound for duck. Not to mention other items we spend cash on like beer, clothes, etc.., plus, gun club membership, licenses, vacation days we take and on. It's probably on the low side by a fair amount.

We didn't do fish and my buddy lives on a lake so it's cheaper for him. I think the article we read put venison @ something like 50$ or more a pound. We figure the dog costs about 33$ a lb for duck alone. We did decide we should do more ice fishing because that is a low cost way to fish, no boat, poles are cheap .. just the cost of a couple tipups, some minnow, a few mousies & a bottle or 2 of our favorite spirits.

Bart Leetch
03-06-2005, 3:44 PM
Theres a story about 2 fisher-men that went ice fishing & caught 1000 pounds of ice & when they fried it up they drowned. :D

Michael Cody
03-06-2005, 9:35 PM
The way I figure it, each time a catch a fish it is worth about, oh say, $1,000.00;)
My wife says either the ww tools go or the boat has to go. I tell her the boat is something to keep me out of the house in the summer and she says keep it:)

Funny, the wife mentioned something about me fishing more and getting out of the house.. taking the 2 boys w/me ... said I needed a bigger boat so they would both be happy to go out (3 in 14' Aluminum boat is a bit crowded) ... you might have a point there Jim!

Michael Cody
03-06-2005, 9:37 PM
Mike, does that mean there'll be more chisels available in the near future? :D :D :D

Spence

Most likely yes, along with some planes & few handsaws too.... :(