PDA

View Full Version : A few pens

Donny Lawson
11-19-2011, 5:24 PM
Here are some I did in the last few days. I have 2 Cherry, 1 Maple, and 2 Flame Box Elder. All are finished with CA.

Bernie Weishapl
11-19-2011, 6:49 PM
Good looking pens Donny. I do like that box elder.

Jim Burr
11-19-2011, 6:55 PM
Nice work Donny! Watch the fat lady centerband...biggest draw back to a SL. There are ways around that using the same kit! I like the name engraving...do tell!

Baxter Smith
11-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Nice work Donny. The boxelder is sharp!

Donny Lawson
11-20-2011, 9:26 AM
Nice work Donny! Watch the fat lady centerband...biggest draw back to a SL. There are ways around that using the same kit! I like the name engraving...do tell!

The names are printed out on the computer with waterslide decals using "Word". I get the decal paper at Hobby Lobby in the model car section. It's the clear. Print the name or logo out and add Testors decal bonder and let it dry. After printing out the names I trim off about 1/4" under the names all the way across the decal paper. That way when I spray on the bonder it will only be on the strip I'm using and not the whole sheet. Cut out around the name and add 3-4 coats of thin CA to the pen. I then wet sand to 12000.Put the decal in water for about 20 sec or so and add the decal,let it dry for about 30 min. and add another 6-8 coats of thin CA and wet sand again to 12000. Add 1 coat of Huts plastic polish and your done. It sounds hard but its easy. Be careful with the decal because it will mess up sometime. There are a ton of images you can print out.