PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with Soren Berger calipers--BEWARE

Michael Ginsberg
11-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I came across some cool looking calipers produced from Soren Berger in New Zealand. Being a tool "collector" I thought that they would be "good to have"..
That was five weeks ago. Paid through Pay Pal the day I ordered. I have not received any tools yet, nor any responses from my five emails. Needless to say, Pay Pal is looking into the matter!!
I will keep you updated.

joel nucifore
11-20-2011, 5:18 AM
were they the golden means calipers?????????

if so just ordered last week said 10 days. Were you able to contact them???????

Randall Houghton
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Michael
A couple of years ago I had the same situation with Mr. Berger. I tried to purchase a pair of calipers from his website and after months of trying to get a response to my repeated emails and my complaints to Pay Pal I gave up and took a hit for $90. The people at Pay Pal said they could not do anything because his business was in New Zealand. I never heard from Mr. Berger or anyone at his organization. I was disapointed to say the least. The man may be a great turner but he is useless to try and do business with. I later discovered his calipers are sold by Highland Woodworks in Atlanta so you might be able to purchase from them. Good luck in your quest.
Regards
Randy

Thomas Hotchkin
11-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Michael
If you used with a credit card through Pay Pal, you might have much better results contacting your credit card company. If it not to late, after five weeks. Tom

Dick Wilson
11-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Sounds to me like a great business to stay away from.

Rick Markham
11-20-2011, 4:27 PM
I had a question about his threading set up, took him 3 months to write me back... by then the interest had passed. I'll teach myself to thread chase in that time

Michael Ginsberg
11-20-2011, 9:17 PM
The order was for all three of his calipers. $225 with shipping OUCH!!!
Highland does not seem to carry his products on their website. I WONDER WHY?? I will try to call Highland on Monday. I used Pay Pal not associated with a credit card, just bank accnt. Pay Pal said they were going to follow through- Lets see. The shame of it is, I really wanted the tools but at this point I would be satisfied with the money. I have a feeling I am getting neither!!
Thanks guys!!

Michael Ginsberg
11-20-2011, 9:25 PM
Another odd thing about this whole thing. When I wanted to make my purchase, a sale rep got back to me right away...makes ya wonder eh? Hummmm..