PDA

View Full Version : Spam and Advertising....Forbidden

Dennis Peacock
03-05-2005, 9:25 PM
Just so that even NEW members will understand:

<b>We at Saw Mill Creek do NOT put up with spam messages nor advertising!</b>

We have had several of these is the last few days and just so everyone understands........<b>They <i>WILL</i> be removed from the forum!!!</b>

Thanks to our members and moderators, we can be notified and respond to such posts on SMC.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-05-2005, 9:35 PM
Thanks Dennis!

Ken Salisbury
03-06-2005, 5:46 AM
Thanks to our members and moderators, we can be notified and respond to such posts on SMC.

For those who do not know, you can report a post to a moderator by clicking the red triangle at the top right hand corner of the post which will open a window and allow you to comment on the report. The system will send the report to the appropriate moderator.

John Shuk
03-06-2005, 7:23 AM
Thanks for yanking that stuff guys.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-06-2005, 9:37 AM
Ken,

Thanks for letting us know that! I was wondering how to report those posts....

THanks for doing the great job you guys do!

Lou Morrissette
03-06-2005, 9:53 AM
For those who do not know, you can report a post to a moderator by clicking the red triangle at the top right hand corner of the post which will open a window and allow you to comment on the report. The system will send the report to the appropriate moderator.
Thanks, guys. I've seen those lately and did not know how to report them. Good work.

Lou

Jim Dunn
03-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Can't that fellows posting privilages be revoked? Just wondering.

Randy Moore
03-06-2005, 1:13 PM
Name didn't sound right!

The moderatore here are great and do a fantasic job. ;) This is the best forum I have found, I stopped looking when I found Sawmill Creek!:)

Randy

Dan Mages
03-06-2005, 2:16 PM
It seems that the person only joined the forum to post spam. I think you should add to the terms of use that anyone who ijoins for the purpose of posting spam agrees to pay a $200 removal fee per post. This should be legally binding and would help raise a good amount for the Creek.

Dan

Thank you for recitifying the situation.

Jim Stastny
03-06-2005, 2:27 PM
Ditto on the heads up regarding the reporting of errant messages.

Ken Salisbury
03-07-2005, 6:15 AM

We did that ! ! !

Jim Dunn
03-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks Ken. It seemed to me that he only joined to post spam. Thanks to all the moderators who usually have a thankless job. Were it not for you fellows, we would probably be flooded with this stuff.

Steve Ash
03-08-2005, 8:03 AM
Maybe a member needs to be registered for 30 days before they can advertise. They do that on another forum I frequent. It is set up exactly like this forum.

Aaron Koehl
03-08-2005, 2:15 PM
Maybe a member needs to be registered for 30 days before they can advertise. They do that on another forum I frequent. It is set up exactly like this forum.
We don't allow any advertising.