PDA

View Full Version : Annual goat Gloat!!!

Mark Singer
03-05-2005, 7:40 PM
Here they are....at the Singerrosa....smiling and keeping down potential fire....They are sweet and even smile...they like their work:rolleyes:

Doug Shepard
03-05-2005, 7:48 PM
For about 3 months, I lived next door to someone who had a goatherd about that size. There just ain't nothin like the serenade of goats coming through your bedroom window at 4 in the morning. Those things take a lot of work. How do you find time for any woodworking?

Tim Morton
03-05-2005, 8:03 PM
The smiling one looks like he came across some Californian homegrown? :cool:

Jim Becker
03-05-2005, 8:17 PM
The smiling one looks like he came across some Californian homegrown? :cool:
LOL! I was thinking the same thing....quite a grin!

John Shuk
03-05-2005, 8:56 PM
It's amazing what they will eat. My friend brought his goats over and they cleared some vines for me. They eat it all, pricker bushes, vines, even poison ivy! They eat it like it is candy. They are pretty cool.

Norman Hitt
03-05-2005, 9:12 PM
Pretty neat, Mark. We had some milk goats when I was a kid and they were a lot of fun to play with. They weren't much into eating grass, but they would sure clean the leaves off of any bushes, vines or trees they could either reach or climb. Maybe you'll have to follow them up with some sheep to get the final mowing and trimming on the grass. :) :) :)

Dan Mages
03-05-2005, 10:07 PM
That is one way to manage the lawn!

Dan

Joe Mioux
03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Those goats are in the green and eating well. With all that rain you had out there, I suppose the risk of fire is pretty low right now.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-06-2005, 9:15 AM
Those sure look like some happy goats! Around here there are a couple of houses with grass roofs. They have ramps up to them so the goats can mow the roof :)