PDA

View Full Version : Big Foot sighting, need roller skates

Bruce Seidner
11-17-2011, 8:25 PM
Ok, be careful what you wish for. I had decided that having a sliding table saw or sliding table saw attachment would change my life. I picked up an Excalibur 60 for about the cost of shipping it and rather than having an experience of Damascus am wondering how on earth, or rather my garage, I am going to situate a behemoth that creates a 40"x110" foot print. I guess you get used to walking up and around 9 feet of rail each time you make a cut and want to fetch a longer than saw top cut off. I am thinking it makes sense to have an off feed table behind the saw to fill in the space created to the right of the Excalibur slider and that wearing roller skates would make this to and fro more efficient. I just have to laugh. But I have confidence that enough people have written complementary things about this contraption, who like myself, work with sheet goods more than real tree parts, that all will be revealed. I have found some You Tube vids of sliders but have yet to find anything along the lines of Missing Manuals or Sliding tables for Dummies, or Sliding Home-Secrets of the Excalibur Revealed. I have the titles. Has anyone written the book?

I am pulling a bunch of the helpful comments that people have shared on the Creek but if there is someone who has already collected and condensed this wisdom I would appreciate the url pointers.

Houston, we got us a learning curve, fo shure.

John A langley
11-17-2011, 9:51 PM
Bruce. You need a bigger shop. LOL. I personally feel that the slider one of those tools that individuals approach differently. I use our slider a little differently than our employee. The out feed table is definitely a good idea. I backed my old table saw up to the slider when I got it. It's the out feed table for the slider, and the slider is the out feed table for the table saw. If you get it dialed in square you will see a marked improvement when you are cutting up your panels. Enjoy.