PDA

View Full Version : engraving on marble?

Ryan Smith2987
11-17-2011, 5:01 PM
Hello everyone, I have an EGX-360 and I am relatively new to the engraving industry (and even newer to this wonderful forum). I was wondering what tip/settings might provide the best results for me to engrave on marble? I had a customer come in with a marble urn the other day and she was hoping to have the engraving as soon as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dan Hintz
11-17-2011, 5:44 PM
I would suggest starting at the first day of posts in this forum and read until your eyes bleed... lots of great information here (and searchable, too).

Martin Boekers
11-17-2011, 6:02 PM
Haven't seen to much in the forum on rotary engravers mostly lasers.

I will say doing something such as this may be quite challenging!
Check on the price of a replacement urn, and make sure there
is an understanding of your responsabilities in writing on this.
Urns can be quite expensive.

Good luck with this, maybe Roland can help or check You Tube
there is lots of videos on engraving there.

If you take this job make sure you post a photo I'm sure many
of us would like to see it.

Dan Hintz
11-18-2011, 8:19 AM
I'm so used to 95%+ of the people here having laser engravers I just assumed that's what the 360 was... my bad. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone post settings for that...

Ryan Smith2987
11-25-2011, 5:48 PM
Unfortunately I had to pass on the job for the time being, but I was able to point her in the direction of a friend with a laser. I'll continue to investigate for a way to engrave on marble with a rotary machine. Thanks for the help anyhow! Once I figure it out, I'll be sure to post some pics :)

No worries Dan it was my fault. I probably should've added that it was a rotary machine... like I said, I'm pretty new here lol.