PDA

View Full Version : Foredom help needed!

Richard Kennedy UK
11-17-2011, 5:34 AM
Hi

I was busy working on some new pieces of work yesterday when I began to have issues with both my fine piercing rotary handpiece and my more aggressive multi tool type rotary handpiece, I know both together weird eh but as a result I have decided to upgrade both machines. I know foredom do super quality and have tried a SR model before however when I was browsing through the catalogue I noticed that Foredom also make a bench lathe which you can attach the flexi drive to. In the description it said that the Bench lathe was quieter but ran slower this however could be overcome using a speed increasing hand piece which put the speed up with the SR model Does anyone have any experience of the Bench lathe is it quiet and can you use it for stock removal with typhoon burrs and the like? How does it compare to the SR model the bench lathe is more expensive but I am wanting to buy a machine that will not need replacing having gone through the mill of having to get new machines on a fairly regular basis

Any Help or advice welcomed!

Greg Just
11-17-2011, 6:00 AM
I can't help you, but you might want to post your question on the Carvers Forum.

Richard Kennedy UK
11-17-2011, 6:15 AM
Thanks Greg I have done that I put it here mainly as I am a turner and lots of us turners are doing more and more texturing and carving on our work so use the tools too!

Richard Kennedy UK
11-17-2011, 6:22 PM
I posted this question in the carving forum but its disappeared can anyone tell me why?