PDA

View Full Version : Air assist question.

Jesus Torres
11-16-2011, 5:08 PM
Hi people. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Last night I noticed that my air pump lose some power and not have the same air pressure in the air assist. That cause me proble to cut and I have to do 2 cut passes with the same settings that I use and always do it in 1 pass. the losing pawer of the air assist could be the problem for not getting the same results? Thank you in advance people.

Craig Matheny
11-16-2011, 5:38 PM
Jesus if we knew the machine you had it would help as air assist are set up couple diffrent ways and yes it can affect the cutting speed. Post what machine you have if the air comes from the nozzle around the lens or if it is a seperate tube.

Jesus Torres
11-16-2011, 6:00 PM
213070 From that tube comes the air and goes inside the lase nozzle. Hope the pic help you. Thanks for reply

Craig Matheny
11-16-2011, 6:05 PM
I have been told that the setup you have can increase the cut deepth and it all deepends on the air volume. When did you clean your lens last

Jesus Torres
11-16-2011, 7:15 PM
I clean all the machine and lens a couple hours ago. The only thing I noticed different it was the power of the air. Maybe the air pump is the problem. If I don't use the air assist cutting, the laser created a flame and burn the material.

Craig Matheny
11-16-2011, 7:31 PM
What is the normal air pressure you have and what is it now?

Jesus Torres
11-16-2011, 7:45 PM
I do not have a device to measure air pressure, but I think the air pump os 150psi. I'll let you know for sure when I get back to my workshop. Thanks for your help!

Dan Hintz
11-17-2011, 7:06 AM
I do not have a device to measure air pressure, but I think the air pump os 150psi. I'll let you know for sure when I get back to my workshop. Thanks for your help!
The air pump may be 150psi, but nothing in your engraver can handle that pressure. Hopefully you're not pushing full pressure through your machine... 40-50psi would be the likely upper limit.