PDA

View Full Version : Good deals on Barefoot chisels

david brum
11-16-2011, 9:23 AM
Edit: Sorry, that's Footprint.

Hi guys

I don't normally post over here ( I already mentioned it in the discounts forum), but thought I'd mention that I saw a bunch of Footprint chisels on deep closeout at my local Sears, for around $6 each. I thought I'd remembered that FWW liked them OK. Looking at their recent test, the Footprint had pretty decent edge retention, better than Narex and some of the more expensive chisels. I don't know if Sears is doing this everywhere, but the regual price was around $18.

john brenton
11-16-2011, 9:56 AM
Barefoot, or Footprint?

I just checked SEARS online and the prices are horrifically inflated. I know my local sears doesn't have jack for woodworking tools. My SEARS is a shell of a hardware store.

Zach England
11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
You should never use chisels barefoot. If you drop one if could really cut up your foot.

Jerome Hanby
11-16-2011, 11:08 AM
You should never use chisels barefoot. If you drop one if could really cut up your foot.

If you have shoes on how do you grip the chisel? Or are you one of those hold the chisel n your hand types?

Zach England
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
If you have shoes on how do you grip the chisel? Or are you one of those hold the chisel n your hand types?

I once saw someone with no arms write a check...

David Weaver
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM

I'm sure if you look deep enough in one of the "jig for everything" foreign origin woodworking retailers' catalogs (fill in the name with any catalog you get), there will probably be a plastic, aluminum and melamine saftey chisel holding jig for those who can't trust their hands.

"90 degree safety chisel holder!!"

john brenton
11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
HAHAHAHAH! That's the best reply ever.

I once saw someone with no arms write a check...

david brum
11-16-2011, 2:11 PM
Sorry everybody. I knew there was a foot in there somewhere. It looks like I put it in my mouth. Ha!