PDA

View Full Version : I've just got to stop doing this!

Roger Chandler
11-15-2011, 9:34 PM
Doing what you might ask?

Falling deeper into the vortex!

Thanks to John Keeton for the heater recommendation for the cold shop ............it arrived today! :eek:

And thanks to Bernie Weishapl and Scott Hackler for the tip on the mini hollowing tools .........they arrived today also! :eek:

The wood we turn grows on trees, but money doesn't! :eek:

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2011, 9:50 PM
OH Roger whine, whine, whine. You love it and you know it. Congrats on the heater and the tools. We try to help anyway we can to spend others money.:D:rolleyes:;)LOL

charlie knighton
11-15-2011, 10:10 PM
let us know how the ceiling mounted heater works, looks like you are praying to get snowed in!!!!!!!

Scott Hackler
11-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey Roger, you should get a diamond hone to freshen up the bur on those tools! Lol. Really though, I don't think I have taken mine to the grinder since I bought them. Just flatten the old bur and in a quick stroke ..... tahdah... fresh sharp bur. And they cut very well with a fresh bur, into end grain.

Roger Chandler
11-16-2011, 8:11 AM
Hey Roger, you should get a diamond hone to freshen up the bur on those tools! Lol. Really though, I don't think I have taken mine to the grinder since I bought them. Just flatten the old bur and in a quick stroke ..... tahdah... fresh sharp bur. And they cut very well with a fresh bur, into end grain.

Scott,

This time I beat ya' to it! I already have diamond hones...........thanks for the tip, I will keep it in mind!

Baxter Smith
11-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Roger, the heater sounds like a worthwhile investment!!
The other is just one more thing in an endless line:eek: of nice to have toys.:)

Roger Chandler
11-16-2011, 2:30 PM
I just got in from the shop where I got this heater mounted and put in use..............hey, I think I'm going to like this thing......it really puts out the heat for its size..............

I may have to suppliment some with another source when it gets really cold, but today I had to turn it back to the low setting............I got too warm!