PDA

View Full Version : My Sister Turns 8 T soon her Present

Peter Hay in Aus
11-15-2011, 3:25 PM
My only Sister turns 8 T next week this is my present for her. She is a Widow now and has been enveloped with care by fellow Church members, her kids say she is hard to contact she is so busy, lives in a secure retirement self managed beaut unit amongst friends with an emergency call system in beautiful surroundings.

The base is Brown Mallee Burl satin finished and the pen from an abandoned Olive Plantation some 80 yrs old.

Kind regards Peter.212961212960212962212963

David E Keller
11-15-2011, 3:27 PM
Gorgeous pen, Peter! Just a thought... For someone nearing 80, hand arthritis would be a bit of a consideration... I would think larger pen styles would be more friendly for someone with arthritis of the hand(especially the thumb). I hope you got a bunch of that olive... Gorgeous stuff!

Peter Hay in Aus
11-15-2011, 4:20 PM
Thanks David,
I am close to 80 myself Arthritus all over pain management by strong medication, fortunately both my sister and I have full flexibility in the hands, she does a lot of craft work in various groups, but I am ready when the time comes to meet the occasion, we both use the Net and E Mail, rather than add pics here recently I won prizes for two Arthritus Pens tested by a large group of Arthritus sufferers and just posted these. There is no one solution in pens rather assesment, testing, making. With my ordinary writing I am grateful for E Mails folks can read easily.

Using Skype eliminates the need for pens in distance communication, my sister blossomed in Widowhood is completely self care in a beaut three bed apartment surrounded by friends. Ready for further needs.

Kind regards Peter.

bob svoboda
11-15-2011, 4:31 PM
Very nice, Peter. BTW we are presently visiting our daughter in Melbourne. Are you going to try to see Obama?

Peter Hay in Aus
11-15-2011, 9:35 PM
Bob, Canberra from about 2.30 becomes lockdown th Hawaii and his visit here is to establish American interests the very thought of hiding from constant surveilance from several air machines, secret services, complete road blocks, the entire ten yards prohibits the venture with Pres. Obama, he just left Hawaii for the Pacific Forum and here he wants an Base established in Darwin for his troops, we follow him in most things that these days bring both an ally and untold deaths of our boys and girls all over the world, mixes feelings bit like watching the mother in law driving over a cliff in your new car.

Have fun visiting your daughter kind regards to the family.

PS ring my mate Amos who lives in Ferntree Gully at 0397589201 tell him Peter said to, I am 400 miles away. Enjoy.

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2011, 9:48 PM
Peter that is a beautiful pen. She is going to love it.

Keith E Byrd
11-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Peter - that is a fantastic pen - a beautiful piece of olive!

wes murphy
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Incredible looking pen, Peter.

Jim Burr
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Good man Peter!! I'd stock up on that olive for my visit! I've seen a few studies that support detailed based activities to hold arthritis at bay...looks like the both of you will keep functional digits well into your hundreds!

Baxter Smith
11-16-2011, 7:44 PM
Very nice pen and I like the holder just as much. There's room for a lot more candles too!

James Combs
11-16-2011, 9:16 PM
Peter that is one of if not the best looking pen blanks that I have ever seen. Sure makes for an outstanding looking pen. Your sister will love it even if it never gets used.

Roland Martin
11-16-2011, 9:29 PM
The presentation of this pen is absolutely stunning, a complete package! Thanks for posting.