PDA

View Full Version : Storing your Mcnaughton coring system

Raymond Sprouse
11-15-2011, 6:39 AM
Several months ago I bought the Mcnaughton easy core bowl coring system. I love this tool but I am having a hard time keeping all the piece together and handy. I would like to know what others do to store this system. Has anybody made any wall racks or anything?

Richard Jones
11-15-2011, 7:21 AM
Raymond,

Here's my offering........

Rich

Tim Rinehart
11-15-2011, 8:17 AM
Raymond,

Here's my offering........

Rich

Rich, I think that assumes one has some wall space left to mount anything!;) Actually, I like it, and that's smart using the rubber hose to protect the tips. I keep my system in a cabinet with all the pieces together, but really need some protection. I have lengths of that reinforced hose...I may as well use some! Good solution using the PVC pipe. I also use the PVC for holding turning tools on side of mobile cart.

Jon McElwain
11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
That is a lot better solution than the same question posted a couple of weeks ago about the Oneway coring system. Replies included "I stack it on a pile of shavings on the floor" and "on the floor in a box." I am working towards a set of drawers for some of my irregular tools, with the largest tools (hollowing rig, back rest, steady rest, etc.) hanging on the wall.

Kyle Iwamoto
11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I keep mine in the box it came in. Sometimes I can actually find the parts underneath all the shavings.

Ralph Lindberg
11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I bought (on closeout) a roll-around Mechanics tool chest. The drawers make great places to store "things". To break the drawers up into compartments I put in bins o various sizes.
One drawer has a large open area that the McNaughton parts are stored in. The "gate" is stored with the rest of the tool-rests (on the back of the lathe).
The top of the tool-rest is covered with a piece of MDF. I then made some tool racks (from ABS sewer pipe) that sit on top of the MDF. They are held in place with a turned plug, that is screwed into the MDF

Reed Gray
11-15-2011, 1:00 PM
My blades are on a flat shelf, and I have a couple of sets of all of them. I keep the handles vertical in a corner. I use the medium curve blade for most of the coring I do, so it stays in the handle. It does lay flat much better than the Oneway system.

robo hippy

Raymond Sprouse
11-15-2011, 3:06 PM
All good ideas. Thanks for sharing.