PDA

View Full Version : installing an Incra 1000SE into a Grizzly GO623X

Matt Mackinnon
11-14-2011, 9:15 PM
I remember there was a post here that talked about how to install an Incra mitre gauge into a Grizzly GO623X. I have tried to search for it, but just seem to come up short. If anyone can help out in where I saw this or provide a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Matt.

Bill White
11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Don't have the link, but I have the 1000SE on my 0444Z. Sure do like it. The repeatability is great.
Bill

Ralph Butts
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Matt I think the thread you are referring to was by Mark Engel on setting up his new 623X. I believe at the end he talks about purchasing some G0588/591 hold down parts and modifying an Incra mitre gauge. You should be able to find it searching on 623X but I think he just used the rail of the stock mitre and re-drilled and tapped the the aluminum to fit the Incra.

Matt Mackinnon
11-15-2011, 8:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I did find it. I will have to talk to Grizzly about getting a replacement for my stock miter I guess. Mine has an issue with the roller balls on the front. I am going to gather there is a hex screw inside of it, or something, but whatever it is, it's stuck. The bar won't feed it, so I was going to toss it and mod in my Incra. But if I need the stock bar for modding, then I will have to see about a Canadian warranty claim.

If everything was easy, then there would not be inovation I guess.

Matt.