PDA

View Full Version : Monster tool hollowing setup

james pittman
11-14-2011, 7:10 PM
I am thinging about buy a hollowing system and am interested in a Monster setup. I live in Grottoes, va. I would like to talk with someone who has a monster setup in va. if possible . my ph# is 540-421-7341 Thanks Jim

Joe Meirhaeghe
11-14-2011, 8:19 PM
James how deep of hollowing are you wanting to do ? I have not used a Monster set up so I can't comment on it however. I use 3 different size boring bars from Advanced lathe tools with a Rolly Munro cutter head. I hollow pieces from about 6" deep all the way up to 33" deep. The size of the piece determines what size bar I'll use. I've been using this set up for about 4 yrs now & I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to do deep hollowing.

Roger Chandler
11-14-2011, 8:29 PM
I called James.........he lives only a few miles from me, it turns out.............I think he will order a Monster setup tomorrow.

ken gibbs
11-18-2011, 4:47 PM
Jim,

I am a turner and live in Rawley Springs, VA. You are close to me. I know a machinist that can make a Monster type set up for you and be a lot cheaper than buying the unit from the Rockler catalog.

Ken Gibbs
867-5027

Michael Menzli
11-18-2011, 7:11 PM
Small world..im staying at Massanutten as I type...lol I live about 2 hrs south of here..we should all catch up sometime. Ken I may give to a call about a hollowing setup.

Peace

George Guadiane
11-19-2011, 3:54 AM
Jim,

I am a turner and live in Rawley Springs, VA. You are close to me. I know a machinist that can make a Monster type set up for you and be a lot cheaper than buying the unit from the Rockler catalog.

Ken Gibbs
867-5027

I have the Monster articulated arm setup. I bought what he made because those before me (RIGHTLY) raved about what he offered for sale. Buying from an unknown who MAY be perfectly competent has a fair amount of risk involved.
Buying by price first or price alone can lead to disappointment.

Just my two cents